• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guitarists?

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
someone mentioned lead being more difficult than rhythm. I don't find this to be the case. Good rhythm players can be hard to come by. It's weird because I find rhythm extremely difficult in certain styles on electric guitar. With a clean signal, chords get muddy really quick if you are not good at rhythm. It really depends on what you practice.

My theory teacher put it like this.

It's like a stove and your cooking. While your working on lead you've got other techniques on the back burner. Don't let them get cold though, you have to prioritize everything evenly or else you will be a one trick pony. It's really difficult to stay up on all your chops.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Been playing for 6-7 years. Owned several amps (Marshall Valvestate stacks, and now i'm in to modeling amps such as the Line 6 Spider 212, and recently i've only been using the Line 6 Pro Pod Floorboard piped in to a monitor), and only one guitar over the years; a 1980s ebony Epiphone Explorer. I'm dying, and have always been dying to grab a new guitar.... Thinking of the Epiphone Black Beauty (heard it plays and sounds like a dream, on top of looking amazing), but not sure yet. I find the necks on Jackson guitars to be the smoothest. Always dreamed of owning a Les Paul.

I was self taught (still don't know how to read music, just learn by tabs), and progressed by starting on your simple Nirvana songs. I progressed in to Metallica, Guns and Roses, etc. For the past few years i've been very much in to Stevie Ray Vaughn, IMO the best guitarist of all time.

Haven't been in any bands yet, but i'd love to get the ball rolling in that department somehow.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread asks a good question: "Can I pursue music while serving in the Navy?"
Right in keeping with the intent of the site. A thread on what do you listen to really doesnt. See the difference? This is all my tone deaf self can contribute.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Music thread gets closed, yet the guitar thread remains open. Can someone say 'Hypocrit'?

No, but I can spell it.

I locked the music thread. At least this has SOME pertinence to life in the Fleet, as Skid noted.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, does anyone in here like pizza?

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Send John a PM if you feel the need.

badger16

None
my apologies to everyone for the non pertinent thread. I've seen plenty of them on here,I'm not using that as an excuse but I just didn't think it was a big deal. It won't happen again. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. cheers.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
this site is not free to run. You are just wasting space by posting non-pertinent threads

Retread, I'll admit I have no knowledge of how the bandwidth usage works but couldn't old threads be purged in order to free up some of that space?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I play a lot of green day (obviously...although a lot of older less known stuff)
The thing that ticks me off about Green Day is when the song "time of your life" came out, they caught alot of flak for changing their sound from pop punk to more adult contemporary. Billie Joes response was "we are growing up and want to play more adult music, etc." I respected that. Fast forward a few years later and its all political bumper sticker songs, eyeliner and tight girl pants on stage to sell records to anarchistic 14 year olds. I thought they grew up?? Any-hoo, I do believe that "Kerplunk!" was their best album. End rant.