• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Growler "Golden Path"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
about 6 NFOs per cycle can accepted for pilot training. In which case they go back through Flight training.
Not really what he was asking. For the most part 1310 and 1320 do not switch up T/M/S. That said, folks can come to NAWDC, earn a patch, and fly F-16, Hornets, Rhinos, Growlers, F-35 and even F-5s on occasion. We're scrapping our C models in a couple years and buying more F-16s.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not really what he was asking. For the most part 1310 and 1320 do not switch up T/M/S. That said, folks can come to NAWDC, earn a patch, and fly F-16, Hornets, Rhinos, Growlers, F-35 and even F-5s on occasion. We're scrapping our C models in a couple years and buying more F-16s.

Just so the guy doesn't get the wrong idea, you won't go to NAWDC as a 1310 and fly each one of those aircraft. Unless the SOP (and 3710?) changed. 2 quals max unless those two are both C/D and E/F or G in which case you can have a 3rd.....pick one from above. Random question on the new E/F/G common NATOPS. Is the NATOPS qual itself common, or would a G guy/gal need a separate check/qual to be an E/F qual (or vice versa)? I know the merger happened before I got my G qual, and I did have a current E/F qual in my jacket at the time, but I had to do the full 5 hrs and a NATOPS check for the G. That was a year ago though, curious if anything has changed. Or if it is different in Fallon via some waiver or SOP statement.

Footnote: Don't get me wrong, getting to go to Fallon and fly the Lord's Chariot, and the Rhino, and the Viper was still awesome

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just so the guy doesn't get the wrong idea, you won't go to NAWDC as a 1310 and fly each one of those aircraft. Unless the SOP (and 3710?) changed. 2 quals max unless those two are both C/D and E/F or G in which case you can have a 3rd.....pick one from above. Random question on the new E/F/G common NATOPS. Is the NATOPS qual itself common, or would a G guy/gal need a separate check/qual to be an E/F qual (or vice versa)? I know the merger happened before I got my G qual, and I did have a current E/F qual in my jacket at the time, but I had to do the full 5 hrs and a NATOPS check for the G. That was a year ago though, curious if anything has changed. Or if it is different in Fallon via some waiver or SOP statement.

Footnote: Don't get me wrong, getting to go to Fallon and fly the Lord's Chariot, and the Rhino, and the Viper was still awesome
Oh, STFU with your ridiculous pedantry. I’m listing the available options, not a precise depiction of what someone’s logbook will look like. Jesus fucking Christ.

no_rex4u

I hope you like jammin too.
Oh, STFU with your ridiculous pedantry. I’m listing the available options, not a precise depiction of what someone’s logbook will look like. Jesus fucking Christ.

Technically if a NFO transitions to pilot, they can change their T/M/S

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Whoa. Not what I was getting at. I thought your post could have been mis-read by someone as saying you can dabble in all 6 TMS in that list. Don't think that was your intent, just clarifying.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Edit: Come on. In the position you're in, condescension and punching down is not a good look on a public forum, especially when the recipient is a TOPGUN grad.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Edit: Come on. In the position you're in, condescension and punching down is not a good look on a public forum, especially when the recipient is a TOPGUN grad.
His post did reach your level of pedantry, so your sympathy isn’t surprising. Not your lane or area of expertise. I’m painting a picture of what’s available to fly at NAWDC, not that you’ll maintain 6 simultaneous NATOPS quals.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
His post did reach your level of pedantry, so your sympathy isn’t surprising. Not your lane or area of expertise. I’m painting a picture of what’s available to fly at NAWDC, not that you’ll maintain 6 simultaneous NATOPS quals.
I'm not saying anything about it being my lane or area of expertise. He knows better than I do. I'm questioning the appropriateness of the tone you chose to take.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm not saying anything about it being my lane or area of expertise. He knows better than I do. I'm questioning the appropriateness of the tone you chose to take.
Brett’s post was an attack against a poster and by the TOS should be deleted by a Mod....

I’ve reported it to the Mods. But will the Mods moderate a Mod?

no_rex4u

I hope you like jammin too.

Random question on the new E/F/G common NATOPS. Is the NATOPS qual itself common, or would a G guy/gal need a separate check/qual to be an E/F qual (or vice versa)? I know the merger happened before I got my G qual, and I did have a current E/F qual in my jacket at the time, but I had to do the full 5 hrs and a NATOPS check for the G. That was a year ago though, curious if anything has changed. Or if it is different in Fallon via some waiver or SOP statement.

I asked a NATOPS-I at NAWDC about this. She told me it's still a separate qual.

on an unrelated note: this new PCL is complete trash

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you. The various ECS/OBOGS EPs seem completely incoherent to me, but maybe I'm missing something. Lots of debate on the plusses/minuses of a common E/F/G qual, but it seems that it isn't going to happen.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Yeah it is confusing as hell. I won't be drilling again for a couple weeks post other work trip and ROM, but I feel like I am going to have to dedicate a solid day of flight school/FRS style flash cards to actually learn this stuff.