• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground to Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeo

I posted this in marineocs.com, but I thought I'd try here.

I saw a candidate on marinceocs.com that had applied for air and was accepted for ground, and it made me wonder about MOS selection at TBS. Has anyone heard about air slots opening up for ground candidates to take during MOS selection. Just curious because I know even though I'm applying for air, I'd have a hard time turning down the board if they said no to air but accepted me for ground.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my air slot at TBS during the MOS "selection" -- our company had 2 SNA slots and 4 SNFO slots. Only the SNA slots were filled. Usually a company will have one or two slots, but there's no promise. Sometimes there are companies that are SNA-laden to begin with and might not have any available 7599's.

megrey06

Kingsville
I just graduated Fox Co and we had something like 17 SNA slots to be filled by MOS selection. They pretty much gave them to anyone that was physically qualified. I know that is not the norm to have so many slots, but it just shows that it's possible to switch once you get to TBS.

-Matt

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I believe you're talking about me Zeo :)
As for your question, I do believe I've heard about guys picking up air at TBS but I'd just take the air contract in the first place if thats what I wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.