• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

??GREAT PRT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Darn my comments really opened up the flood gates on this page! Sorry: if I knew I would have this effect I would never have spoken.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PRT tomorrow... If I get 50 push-ups, 60 situps, and a run under 12:00... I'll be a happy camper!

stevew

I am a little confused on the PRT thing especially since the new format of submitting apps. Does the board look at how well you perform or just that you do a minimum and you either pass or fail. My recruiter told me 47 pu 60 su and a 12:00 run is OK. Of course before you hit OCS you wanna pull these numbers up but as far as submitting your app, how does it work. Now with the new format your PRT isn't even submitted until afterwards anyway so it seems that they are only looking for a pass/fail score. Would someone be able to clear up this confusion I'm having. -Thanks

LadyJayUSN

Never accept just the bare minimum....period.

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I did 3 miles on the treadmill (it's cold up here in Southern MD
cold_125.gif
) 23:43 yesterday and it was pretty easy. today I did windsprints
weeping_125.gif
on the bball court and thought I was going to die! Any good gouge on decreasing run times and increasing endurance? I don't class up until Sept.

Chris

uncledave

Pretty good running guys, but since I am going for Marine OCS, those numbers wouldn't be good enough for me. I think you guys should try to attempt the USMC PFT maximum on the run, which is an 18 minute 3 mile run. This will make your running in Navy OCS seem like a cake walk if you can do anything close to that. My oso told me that I need at least 21 minutes or less to be competitive. Just strive for the best is all I am saying. Good luck!

"beware of what you wish for" -what the Chinese say....

dhafeman

I agree with uncledave. I PT with a guy applying to the Marines and it makes one realize how easy the Navy fitness standards really are. 7 minute miles really shouldn't be very difficult. Now 18 minutes....that's freakin hard.

IFT2O

Uncledave,

I'll get that time down, plenty of time! Did I mention I'm 30 years old, not 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IFT2O

Thanks for the info, but I am my Command's Fitness coordinator and I run an 11:00 flat in the 1.5, which is excelent medium for my age group. I'm also an E-6 waiting to class up! I'm just trying to get more input on what others may have done to reduce their times.

C

absolutVU

I just had a beer and chicken quesadillas for lunch and walking to the library I remembered that I'm doing the PFT this afternoon!! I don't know what happened! I was hydrating so well, stretching and then --boom--just forgot in the heat of my Bud Light moment. Just thought I'd share. Carbo-loading, right ;-)

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Beer and chicken is excellent for physical events. Yes, I highly recommend beer and chicken.

BYSun

Beer...liquid bread.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

absolutVU

I really think it adversely affected my performance--I've never left a PFA with a splitting headache before...but I feel great now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.