• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great Gouge Site for Jet SNAs!

Kycntryboy

pilot
Just piggy backing off SD, we got issued a cd in advanced and in the rag. It really helps out when studying to find info out.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
And you can get a CAC reader at the nex for around $30. It's actually pretty useful. Probably more so in the FRS than in advanced, but still useful.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
And you can get a CAC reader at the nex for around $30. It's actually pretty useful. Probably more so in the FRS than in advanced, but still useful.

Will that allow you to access secure sites as if you were on an NMCI machine? I thought you would need to be logged in on a govt computer, in addition to having the CAC card.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
....You can be my onwing anytime.
WTF dude, you're already kissing a Skipper's ass? Not even trying to be subtle about it... you're not an O-4 yet, are you? I couldn't find the "throw up" icon but this should work ... :yuck_125:

magnetfreezer

Will that allow you to access secure sites as if you were on an NMCI machine? I thought you would need to be logged in on a govt computer, in addition to having the CAC card.

Depends on the site - some (eg NMCI webmail, FWB) have CAC as the only requirement while others are on the NIPRNET and therefore require a military network address as well.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Depends on the site - some (eg NMCI webmail, FWB) have CAC as the only requirement while others are on the NIPRNET and therefore require a military network address as well.

What he said.

Sharps, E-mail, EKM, BUPERS, Flight Wx Briefer... Those at least all work.

stickygdm

pilot
WTF dude, you're already kissing a Skipper's ass? Not even trying to be subtle about it... you're not an O-4 yet, are you? I couldn't find the "throw up" icon but this should work ... :yuck_125:

So this would be unasskissing?

I don't go for it anyway. Only cash works for me.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
What he said.

Sharps, E-mail, EKM, BUPERS, Flight Wx Briefer... Those at least all work.

I have a card reader on my wife's laptop, but it doesn't recognize the card. Is there a certain type of software or somewhere I need to go to set it up in order to get the certs authorized? Also, does it need to be a certain computer type or will anything do? She's running XP on a Dell if that helps.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
I have a card reader on my wife's laptop, but it doesn't recognize the card. Is there a certain type of software or somewhere I need to go to set it up in order to get the certs authorized? Also, does it need to be a certain computer type or will anything do? She's running XP on a Dell if that helps.

I had to talk to ADP (the computer guys) at the squadron to get some software for the CAC reader. I'm not exactly sure what was on there, all I know is that I needed to run the program to be able to use the reader for the sites.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I had to talk to ADP (the computer guys) at the squadron to get some software for the CAC reader. I'm not exactly sure what was on there, all I know is that I needed to run the program to be able to use the reader for the sites.

I think the software is called ActiveX Gold or something like that. Beyond that I am not sure if there are hardware specs for the reader or if all CAC card readers are made the same.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For those of you who roll your own (computers that is), the RAG ADP people and I duelled with ActiveClient on and off for 2 months, to the extent of my actually lugging my (desktop) homebuilt into work and trying to install the daggone program. No joy.

Seems ActiveClient doesn't play well with nonstandard machines.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot

Nah, not a hinge and not a stud anymore. I already got all the aboves out of Sticky that I will ever need so the ass kissing, if any existed, has been over for quite some time. Sticky was my onwing, that's all I was getting at, but you have been looking a bit plump these days so please go purge with the rest of the bulimic chicks. :D

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
I guess we learned the material without relying on others to get the information for us. Maybe that was just me...

"Well back when I was going through..." :D

Sometimes just looking at the material in another way, or having it presented with a different twist helps it make more sense, especially when learning something for the first time. The FTI is obviously written by the (winged) ones who know the material already (and have tons of flight experience to back themselves up).

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Nah, not a hinge and not a stud anymore. I already got all the aboves out of Sticky that I will ever need so the ass kissing, if any existed, has been over for quite some time. Sticky was my onwing, that's all I was getting at, but you have been looking a bit plump these days so please go purge with the rest of the bulimic chicks. :D
"Sticky", huh... like that Skipper's one of your bro's... make sure when you check into your first gun squadron to call your Skipper by his callsign... just shut up Cone, and go stand some duty or stock up the coffee mess... :) (all in jest)

SF