• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great Gouge Site for Jet SNAs!

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Not sure if this has been posted previously (if it has the mods will delete this in a nanosecond), but a friend of mine has probably the best site for gouge, pubs, or just general info for those interested in primary or advanced jets. Check it out!!

http://www.airwarrior.net/Home.html

Enjoy!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Decent gouge, but if you're TW-4 there are differences. I find it easier to just read the FTI. Sometimes it's shorter and less convoluted than the gouge, and sometimes the gouge is just straight up fucking wrong.

That HAPL/LAPL flow chart gave me a helmet fire just looking at it.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
That flowchart isn't so hot.. it has an airstart above 1500AGL for every type of engine failure. Procedure +1, Headwork -1

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Decent gouge, but if you're TW-4 there are differences. I find it easier to just read the FTI. Sometimes it's shorter and less convoluted than the gouge, and sometimes the gouge is just straight up fucking wrong.

That HAPL/LAPL flow chart gave me a helmet fire just looking at it.

When I was in primary (in Corpus) I rarely, if ever, used gouge. Advanced has been an entirely different story however, and this site is pretty accurate for Meridian types. You will die by not using the gouge here. IIRC the site owner is a member here and possibly winged recently.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I believe it belongs to our own Ave8tor, recently winged and going Harriers...

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
I believe it belongs to our own Ave8tor, recently winged and going Harriers...

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! My Primary gouge might be old, but hopefully there is still stuff that might be useful. Of course, most of it is specific to Whiting/Meridian with regard to procedures and local gouge. For those of you that use it while at Whiting, let me know if there is outdated info so I can remove it. Likewise, if you have updated gouge, shoot it my way. Just use the link at the bottom of the page to send me an email.

PS - Thanks for the plug Mike!

Kycntryboy

pilot
Do people still use 'bensgouge' in primary. Might as well have been a required document. It was funny walking into the shack and seeing instructors and students looking at the same thing.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Flowchart made pretty good sense to me, and yes, bensgouge is great. A few things wrong, but as long as you just use it as backup you're good to go. It's like my iphone, how did people live without it before?! ;):D

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Do people still use 'bensgouge' in primary. Might as well have been a required document. It was funny walking into the shack and seeing instructors and students looking at the same thing.

I don't know anyone who hadn't printed off every briefing guide prior to FAM 0.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whoa... Was just being tongue in cheek. See ---->;):D

I know, but I would see studs try and rely on the gouge initially and get crushed. I actually used the Connor Gouge in late stage RIs in the HTs, not because I was lazy, but because of skeds not able to pull their heads out of their asses and continually scheduling me up against crew rest and crew days. Basically for an entire week I would either be briefing, in the aircraft, or debriefing and then reske'ed the next day, usually w/in the 12 hours, which would have to be pushed and then...you get the idea.

The Connor gouge was great (I know it's out of date now), because it would tell me where the info was in one place. That greatly reduced study time because I could go to the exact reference and page, read what I needed, then head to work and brief. It would have been much more painful if I had had to go search for the information and THEN read it.

All that said, the FTI is always the place to start.

stickygdm

pilot
I looked at one pub and it was out of date. Please check the e-book bag for the latest, as far as T45 goes. I'd hate for you to fall on your sword--gougewise--in a brief. BTW...I'd like to see, as much as the next aviator, the CAC requirement go away for the e-book bag. Stay tuned let me see what I can do about it.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I looked at one pub and it was out of date. Please check the e-book bag for the latest, as far as T45 goes. I'd hate for you to fall on your sword--gougewise--in a brief. BTW...I'd like to see, as much as the next aviator, the CAC requirement go away for the e-book bag. Stay tuned let me see what I can do about it.

Sir, I think they are available on the CNATRA website without needing a CAC card. You can be my onwing anytime.