• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduating??!!

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Apparently I'm receiving 21 quarter units from OCS, as well as 6 from boot. which means in all likelihood (given that the paperwork goes through without any hickups) I will graduate in March instead of June. I've planned everything around graduating in June, and shipping to TBS in October. Now it seems at least possible that I'll graduate in March and go to TBS in June/July. Regardless, I'm not going to be able to live on campus or work on campus anymore as I won't be a student. Basically this is a surprise to me. I was just wondering if any of you know of any job opportunities here in Southern California, or of any kind of ADSW I can do with my unit as a fresh 2nd Lt (I know its a long shot). I'd only be able to work for a month or two before going PTAD at the OSO. However, it is still possible that I'll ship in October... in which case I'd be working for much, much longer. Any info or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I cant help, but congrats on potentially graduating early. What sort of credits did you get for OCS? Was it elective credit or what...

invertedflyer

some of it was elective PE credit, but I also received upper devision credit in history, management, and military science. If you have an associated major (ie history) some of this can help out.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
i'm in electrical engineering...i already took all my electives and have a rediculous number of (painfully earned) credit hours. I was just curious as to what sort of credit they will award you. Thanks!

invertedflyer

not a problem.. hopefully some people will chime in with some ideas here. I'm also wondering what my chances are of getting to ship to TBS before October (given a grad. date of March 23). I'm hoping to go in June or July.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
not a problem.. hopefully some people will chime in with some ideas here. I'm also wondering what my chances are of getting to ship to TBS before October (given a grad. date of March 23). I'm hoping to go in June or July.

Can't say what the chances are of going early but you could always "work towards a minor" and then drop that and submit papers to graduate in May like you were originally expecting. Just an idea.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
some of it was elective PE credit, but I also received upper devision credit in history, management, and military science. If you have an associated major (ie history) some of this can help out.

Some universities won't accept the credit you get from OCS...mine didn't...and I was a management major

invertedflyer

Records said that everything should come through ok, but I'll always remain skeptical...especially at this university. Yeah I was thinking about continuing to take courses, we'll see what develops here in the next week.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Dude, if you get a couple of free months off, take a trip or something. Go somewhere. Or just live somewhere cool and be a bum for a while. Do something you've always wanted to do. Go into debt if you have to. Once you start TBS, you'll never get a chance like that again until you are out of the military. I graduated in May and didn't go to TBS until November. I spent June, July, and August bicycling across the country with 3 friends and visiting family in Seattle. It was one of the best things I've ever done. I had to put everything on a credit card for that time but it was worth it. I worked at my OSO for September and October. Go have some fun.

invertedflyer

Yeah previously I had plans to travel to Europe and Thailand, as well as doing some Scuba and ice hockey. The new developments kinda change that around a bit... so my gut says to just take a couple classes next quarter and graduate at the normal time in June, then just travel for a while. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take it to heart.