• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

I'm neither an anthro or Prowler expert but I talked with the API anthro Officer today. Off the top of his head the max sitting height is 37.5. Does this mean your automatically NPQ'd from Prowler is you're over this height...no. The new system for anthro's is a video image of you in a chair analyzed by a computer. Your measurements are taken and calculated into some kind of average wheras the older system (Iron maiden) was cut and dry on indivdual measurements and often required fit-checks (expensive!) Apparently the new system takes into account that bodies can stretch and adjust thus shorter arms are no longer bad if you have a high sitting height etc...I don't know if this makes much sense but that was how it was explained to me in shorthand.

EOD Dave...I'm 6'1 and Prowler NPQ'd. A Marine Major down here towers over me and is a Prowler pilot, but then again maybe when he went through there were different standards. Basically it all depends on your individual body measurements.

Tessone

Anyone know what the sitting height is for the Hornet? I'm 6' even and would love to end up in the cockpit of a fighter. I'm perfectly okay with helos, too (and "needs", grades, etc., will tell later on), but it would suck to have all the qualifications and then get NPQ'd for the Hornet.

Dave Shutter

The sucky thing is that the T-45 has more stringent anthro reg's than any of the fleet jets. I know this because I was initally NPQ'd from them but not any of the fighters. A double check of my measurements corrected that (probably gettin' Helo's anyway), but if I was an inch or two over the line Hornets or Tomcats would be impossible even though i'd still fit in them.

kenjamin17

Found an interesting document that addresses most of the anthro stuff.. Unfortunately the T-45 is not listed.

https://cnatra.navaltx.navy.mil/cnatra/private2/13520-1c.pdf

HAWK3Y3

Anyone else have thoughts on this? My biggest worry about getting helos is that I'll have trouble finding a job if I get out after six years. I mean, isn't the Army pumping out helo pilots? And can there really be that many offshore oil rigs and news stations???

My father retired two years ago after flying for 21 years as a commercial helicopter pilot for PHI. There is work out there for helicopter pilots but work is not over abundant. The working conditions are not great and the pay has not kept up with inflation. PHI had now gone union but has been unable to agree to a contract. Pay and working conditions will continue to improve. If you have any questions, I can put you in contact with my father or one of the many pilots still working.

kmc9280

I wouldn't worry too much about it. ANG would still be an option to work on fixed wing hours. They seem to grab the guys with prior military flying experience. Even if you get helos now you could still be hired for fighters, etc. with them. Then you would have the best of both worlds!

Kevin

clintdcamp

Can anyone tell me more about the make up of the primary grade and NSS? What types of manuvers are you expected to perform during the seven flight blocks and two check rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.