• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Sig?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I think what they mean when they say 40 brass necked down, is that it starts life as the same shape but is not trimmed as much to allow for the length the necking takes back.

Good point. I've just heard some people talking about .40 S&W necked down and since I reload that catches my ear because it is potentially very dangerous if someone tried it.

I toured an ammo factory museum as part of a ME class at GMI. Really neat how they are made.

I've always wanted to do that. I hear it's a really interesting process. Is the brass mostly extruded or is there some other way of pressing it into shape?

tlord82

pilot
I'm assuming your are no longer in Al Asuck so curious as to how long the old IA ended up being? How long were you out of the cockpit and did they send you back to the RAG for a couple weeks or straight to a Squadron? Word.

Total of seven months in country. Still out of the cockpit, but just started going to -101 for a quick month-long refresher. I do know which squadron I'm heading to, but since they just got off of UDP, there's no huge rush to get over there. Keep your head down buddy. It'll be done before you know it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Utter and complete geekery

I think what they mean when they say 40 brass necked down, is that it starts life as the same shape but is not trimmed as much to allow for the length the necking takes back.
Yes, that is what I meant. I didn't mean that they physically took .40S&W brass and reshaped it to make 357 SIG.

Incenter12

Go Blue
pilot
Got two. Finally got my "Congratulations to me for winging present" today in the form of a Sig P250 in 45ACP. I was looking for the 9mm but this will do just fine. The other is my 228 that was the first pistol I ever bought.

1001110medium.jpg

sigsy.jpg

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Got two. Finally got my "Congratulations to me for winging present" today in the form of a Sig P250 in 45ACP. I was looking for the 9mm but this will do just fine. The other is my 228 that was the first pistol I ever bought.

Those are sexy! Look at those heaving decocking levers and the supple external hammers! :tongue2_1

Incenter12

Go Blue
pilot
I haven't shot the 45 yet but I've shot the 9 and it is pretty amazing. Real smooth, consistent trigger and it shoots real straight. The ergonomics are very nice also.

MasterBates

Once my 5 (yes, FIVE) new ARs get here, we should re-do the arsenal pic that we did in your living room during football season.

Incenter12

Go Blue
pilot
I'm down. The latest ones are good and evil looking enough I figure.

On the 250 I was hoping to grab a 9 so I could infiltrate the Republik with even more dreaded hi-cap mags whose sole purpose is to kill bunnies and puppies, but I figure the 45 will have to do.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Damn! Put a moat around the puma and you'll have yourself a fortress

I write the squadron supply officer's FITREP. Would you like some sandbags and concertina for your fighting position?

And, for those who don't know, every time you load a firearm with a "high-capacity" magazine, God kills a hippie. Damn, look at the time---I'm late for the range...

MasterBates

Concertina and some claymores if you can swing it would be appreciated. I already have a 7.5 foot fence around my "compound"

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Claymores are ammo/ordnance. That shit costs money. Concertina is like coathangers: It multiplies and turns up in the damnedest places.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone shot a DAK? I just called SIG customer service and my serial number is apparently too old to be converted. :( So I'm in pistol shopping mode. Hopefully I can trade my Glock and/or my SIG in on something decent. I'd really like to find a DAK 229, but I don't buy weapons sight unseen.