• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Sig?

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
229 in .40

My 229 chambered in .40. Love it. Got it second hand from a retired PD officer off Gunbroker.com about 4 years ago for right at $550 along with 3 standard capacity (12 rd) magazines. Then went and picked up the Comp-Tac concealed carry holster.

Attachments

• IMG_21431.JPG
    IMG_21431.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 85

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Ok... so I need to join the Sig owners club here on AW. Sig is by far my favorite to shoot. I think I figured out my post deployment purchase for mt next trip to the sandbox.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got a P229 in.40S&W; had the 357 SIG barrel which somehow did not make the move down here. Of course I discover this after the window for making claims . . . I'm officially a moron. :icon_rage

I'm looking into getting it converted to a DAK trigger; I love the feel of the weapon but have issues with the DA/SA thing.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a couple and like them.

.40 cal 229
CIMG0013.jpg

9 mm P6
CIMG0014.jpg

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Why, yes, yes I do!

P220 (old style)
.45ACP(real man's cartridge)
Even have the 10 round mags for it!

Shoots pretty well, too. 25 yards:

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Wow, Schnugg, that's a sweet looking 229!

I just bought a Sig 2022 today, will pick it up later this week!

sp2022large.jpg

utak

The new P228R (the railed US M11 model) has been making its way to the stores, there's actually one down here at Jay's Guns (they have it on "sale" for $925, WTF).

Any AWs gonna get one?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
When I still lived in Pcola the dudes at Jays said you could get a military deal on them. Granted this was a year ago, but it's worth asking. They would also give you some type of military deal on Glocks as well.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I still lived in Pcola the dudes at Jays said you could get a military deal on them. Granted this was a year ago, but it's worth asking. They would also give you some type of military deal on Glocks as well.
Meh. A fair share of what I've looked at there seems to be at least $100 or so over what I find on Google or Gunbroker. Not always, but still. And they're pretty tight on what they'll offer for trade-ins, too. Heck, they'd probably get rid of the Magpul MOE stock they've had in the case for the past 3 months if they stopped offering it for what I'd pay for a CTR . . .

I got a PSL there that I really like, but still grit my teeth and shop around before considering anything they have. They've got a great selection, but be prepared to pay for it.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I always thought Jays had terrible prices on their stuff. I do have some friends that got good deals on their guns by saying "well, Academy is selling them for X ammount". Just go to Academy sports up on Olive road and buy there. They may be a chain store, but they are really nice and aren't condescending jackasses like the people at Jays.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love how everyone in the store open carries, too (not that there's anything wrong with that). I get it. It's a gun store. A crook would have to be brain-dead to rob this place! So what's wrong with the proverbial 12 gauge under the counter? :icon_tong

nugget61

pilot
Anyone get the 232? I've not seen one in any of the threads on here, but it looks like a good carry gun.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone get the 232? I've not seen one in any of the threads on here, but it looks like a good carry gun.

A buddy of mine has one and I put a few rounds through it (.380). It's an aluminum frame, and isn't exactly tiny like a Kel Tec. It handles the round pretty well, recoil was comfortable.