• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got my M-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
The EOTech 552 is AWESOME. I have one on my M1A Scout. The 1MOA center dot really lends itself to longer range shots.

I LOVE GUNS.

O.K. .... I feel better about myself now, after someone just ripped me for being a "know it all" ..... (kisses and smiles, though :) )

P.S. Let's make sure we don't have a "Gun Thread" on the forum, yes?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
And squeeze ---- you have a standard GI web sling maybe not --- hard to tell --- have you ever tried a 3-point "tactical" model -- I have one and am still trying to get comfortable with it. VetteMuscle ... ???

thats a 3-pt tactical one, but since most of the shooting I've done is from a bench (or at least seated), I haven't really done much more than just try it out... i love it though... wish I would have had one at TBS.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or go down with the ship so to speak that way all your weapons are right there. Huey guys even carry the pistol grips for the m240s in case they have to E&E kinda ups the survival rate to mave a medium machine gun with you. It is reassuring having the M-4s aboard for us though

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
shoo24 said:
Now if we could just figure out a way to fit that thing into an SV-2...

That's kind of what we used to say about the Filipino Negritos from J.E.S.T. School in the P.I. While small in stature, they were large in E&E knowledge and capabilities. Still a tad too big for an SV-2, however, so maybe they might fit .... in the seat pan?

If you go down in Gomer-Land, we tongue-in-cheek said the best thing you could have going for you was one of the little Negrito J.E.S.T. instructor/scouts with his BOLO knife --- and I'll bring along the extra battery for the PRC-90.

eee8he.png
bolo6cu.png

Do you have time for a ..... Semi-Sea Story (Sea story-lite?? A land based version) side note: see the guy on the left? That is a close approximation of how they looked in J.E.S.T. Very little changed over the centuries with a slight addition of surplus GI webgear. See the "BOLO" style knife/machete he's got?? The Army found them so effective in the jungle that after the early 20th century Philippine experience, they designed several versions of our own -- all basically a copy of the original Philippine Bolo.

I still have mine displayed in my library. Our "donation to the cause" was to buy one of the Bolos from our instructor/scout after our week in the jungle was up -- it was expected, helped supplement the small stipend UNCLE paid them, and was a tangible way of saying "maraming salamat." The Negrito scouts made the BOLOS out of old leaf springs from leftover canabalized WW2 jeeps --- wood sheaths, as leather was too hard to come by and would rot too quickly in the jungle steam. The scouts were great little guys --- tigers --- some of the instructors had been Guerillas and fought the Japanese in the Philippines during the occupation. Some were in their 50's and 60's and looked 30.

petescheu

That's not such a bad idea... cramming one of those into the seat pan. A4s, you have any connections with the higher ups that can get that happenin?
We can dream I suppose, although that def would be a nice addition.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I don't know about you guys.... but as much as I like going out and shooting guns... I'd prefer to stay in the aircraft and go home after the fight. M-4 or not... I'm no infantryman and I think I'd fair horribly in any way/shape/form of acting like one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
I don't know about you guys.... but as much as I like going out and shooting guns... I'd prefer to stay in the aircraft and go home after the fight. M-4 or not... I'm no infantryman and I think I'd fair horribly in any way/shape/form of acting like one.

You know, sometimes you get shot down...

Status
Not open for further replies.