• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Things about Vance

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyWife2001

Well obviously there are good things about Vance if the Navy is entrusting their pilots to be trained by the AF. Give me a break.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
well throughout all the posts on this subject on this forum (which are many) i have not heard anything good about Vance compared to Navy training. That in itself turned me away from it and i'm so glad i did.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyWife2001 said:
Well obviously there are good things about Vance if the Navy is entrusting their pilots to be trained by the AF. Give me a break.

By that logic there are "good things" about Kingsville, or Diego Garcia, or Cherry Point, or any other craphole the military decides to station people :)

/just ribbin you a little

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Navywife: are there good things about Vance, yes. Are they outnumbered 10 to 1 by the bad, yes, at a minimum, I could even say its 20 to 1. Not everyone is an anal retentive a**h**e, but there are more than enough to go around, and far more than I saw in a CNATRA command. I place the blame solely on AETC and their outdated, out of touch with reality system they have in place. The Navy and MC have proven you can treat studs as young professionals and get the job accomplished without having to babysit them and treat them like they are in gradeschool.

I am going to stop now before this turns into yet another rant. Also, yes I am flying (a sim right now, real plane next month), and yes I have my wings, and yes it was that bad.

boilersmack

E-6 Driver
I had a blast when I was at Whiting flying the mighty turbo mentor. The Navy let you have fun with the plane. Solos fun X-countries. Even the T-44 guys in Corpus have fun with team solos and X-countries. But the minute I arrived at Vance it seamed like I stepped into the gates of hell. First of all you are in Enid,OK. There is nothing there. Most of my friends wives are dieing to get out of there. Second the Air Force considers flying a job that involves no fun. We dont do team solos in the T-1 and you fly everyday for the X-country so no break. Plus I can get into 12 hrs BS with the standup, long as hell debriefs and so on. So to sum it up there is nothing good about Vance AFB. You will be counting down the minutes till you get your wings. Not only to get your wings of gold but to get the heck out Satan's lair. For me I have an excruciating 64800 minutes left till I am gone.

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Well, if your girlfriend is as good looking as she is in that pic, then I'll bet she's nice to come home to after a hard days work.

NavyWife2001

Michael,
Well my hubby is from OK, so he will probably love it! (He actually went to a college in KS!) I am from New Orleans but have lived in a VERY small town in VA before and I am CONVINCED nothing can be worse!
Have a great weekend! <><

sonshine

PLC06 Applicant
I'm from Oklahoma and I resent that spr! :icon_rage

.......j/k.... lol... but make sure you get a chance to stop by the drag races, thats where all the really hot ones hang out! :D

contrail_dash

If it says anything, I live in Colorado Springs and met a AF Major who DRIVES to Vance for some sort of reserve flying duty there...yeah thats like 500 miles ONE WAY.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Slated for next year I believe, though not sure exactly when. Obviously this is probably dependent on Vance not getting closed during BRAC.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
The best thing about Vance is that it's a one-syllable word. AF Pilots understand that kinda thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.