• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Things about Vance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Yes - Vance has the T-6 now. As an SNFO who's flown in the T-6 a buncha times, and has a couple good buddies at Vance, I'd recommend the following:

If you want the T-6 real bad like, be an SNFO. Otherwise, go to Corpus or Whiting.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Boilersmack

what are you going to fly if you're flying the T-1 at Vance? I've not met anyone who flew the T-1 (that was in the Navy) - is this for the E-6?

I thought just their primary was supposed to be bad, but you're saying that advanced is just as bad?

boilersmack

E-6 Driver
If you select E-6s you go to Vance to fly the T-1. No other place. And yes there advance is bad, not as bad as there primary but still pretty bad. Alot of Air Force BS you have to deal with. But flying the T-1 is pretty cool. You get to go alot of places pretty quickly and somewhat comfortably.

Mal731

Question: I hear that right now, they're only trying to get volunteers to go to Vance or Moody after API. Am I hearing this correctly, or are they also cutting people orders to go there now because of the amount of people they're trying to move through? I asked for Corpus, since I know Milton isn't taking any more people and I don't want to get sent to Vance or Moody...

tacamo

Boiler, So you are just as negative as me! Being in the same squadron as BoilerSmack I can second everything that he said. I would do everything to train with the Navy. Even the AF guys that went through Navy primary before going T-1s hate it here. Aside from the AF BS that you deal with daily, another big difference in training philosophy is that the AF tells you what you can do and the Navy tells you what you cant do.

TACA-MO

Status
Not open for further replies.