• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck

Don't know yet, but since I still have 3 more years left of school, I am hoping to get PLC-Air next year

Raptor2216

Cool man. Well here is some advice that wil help you. If you have not taken the SAT's, study for the ASVAB and try to do well on it, especially on the EL(electronics) portion. I don't know why but they seem to place a lot of weight on this section. Also, apply as soon as you can. If you apply your 1sr, or 2nd year, you have a very good chance of geeting accepted. I am in my second year and my GPA was at 2.9 with a 197 on the PFT and 5's and 6's on the ASTB. That isn't above average and I got in, so I would suggest that you apply as soon as you can. Good luck.

pilothoward

hey raptor-- you going to occ or plc this summer? im headed off for occ on june 3. like to share any particular secrets you got on ocs or something? Im trying to soak in as much info as possible.

Ghish

I finally just got word that I have also been selected for USMC aviation. I will be going to OCC-180 in the June class.

I hope to see some of you guys there.

Edited by - ghish on 04/19/2002 14:31:59

Raptor2216

Hey that sounds great ghish. Just run run and run some more man. From what I have heard, OCC/PLC is all about running. I'm sure all the potential Marine officers on here will have some good stories to tell afterwards. Good luck man.

Pilothoward, I can't say anything from personal experience, but one of my buddies who did the first half of PLC tells me that it is easier than boot camp in some ways. Also, he tell me that you do a lot of running. My OSO told me that they will try to break you down in every which way possible from the very first day. So, when you are going through registration, stay alert, try to take some kind of leadership role(i.e. stay organized, start a line for food and just small shit like that). He also told me, "no matter what happens, do not give up". By that I mean don't give up if you have some small injury. That's not to say that if you have a broken let, keep going. You know what I mean. Also, if you see another candidate in need of help, go and help him. The DI's like to see that you are paying attenton to everything going on around you.

Also, I don't know how true this might be but my OSO tells me that they might put you in front of a board and try to convince you that you don't have what it takes. Just keep telling them that you will do whatever it takes to get through OCS. That is what I mean by not giving up. Well, I hope that helps. Good luck to you too. Hopefully, we will all finish in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.