• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

I just got word that I have been seclected for USMC aviation. Heading off to PLC for sure this summer.

O-man

No- I am suposed to be OCS-180 and have not gotten anyhting. thats (I was told) because they do the PLC guys first. I was also told that they overbooked OCS and that there are too many aviation slots- and that there is Some chance that a few of us may have to wait till OCT. That would suck, but I'd get to go to AT with my present unit- and I wanna do that a lot.
LCpl. O-man USMCR

postman8

Yeah, all the PLC guys with our OSO have heard about their applications, but all the NFO and Aviator applicants are still waiting, myself included. What I've been told is that there is a mixup/slowdown/whatever problem at the NAS at Willow Grove which did our flight physicals and is holding up the works. As far as OCC 180 being overbooked, really it was the previous couple of classes which were overbooked. That's why 180 will be a unique class- NO ground officer canidates, ONLY Aviator, NFO, Women, and Lawyers, so it will be a much smaller class than usual. Anyway, I am exteremly pumped up about going and hope to see all you others there on June 2nd. Oorah!

Ghish

Well I hope we hear soon. I have to give my boss some sort of notice before departing.

So if the class is full will they give you a slot for Oct or do you have to re-apply?

Raptor2216

Thanks buc. Are you going for the Marines as well? If so, are you going the PLC route or OCC route? Good luck man.

Ghish

I just talked to my OSO and they said that OCC selection started yesterday and that we should be notified for OCC 180 by the end of the week.

Gook Luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.