• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

good news for those coming down

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in IFS right now and when I classed up a month ago you could easily get classed up 2-3 weeks after reporting if you managed to get all your stuff completed that you have to do for check in. I waited 4 weeks since the day I had my NAMI it took forever and I didn't get my up chit in in time. I don't know, however, how it will work for you with the shut down for Christmas happening before you get here.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
As with most things... timing... I waited 5 weeks to class up for IFS... other people in my IFS class have been here about a week. If you have to wait enjoy the time off, I know I did.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
PT is now T-TH. Had a buddy report the around Nov 7th and he just started IFS ground school today, if that tells you anything.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
now we PT every MWF. the Friday PT sessions are PRTs. a bunch of people started failing their PRTs before API

Do they still to the PRT on that fucking chip trail? That's part of the problem. We had guys that ran sub 10:20 1.5's (myself included) that had to kill themselves to get in under the requisit 12:00. I loathe that fucking trail.

gotta_fly

pilot
Yes, and it's still miserable. It now includes more pine cones and branches, courtesy of the wood chipper being used at an on-base construction site.

MettGT

pilot
I never really saw what the big deal was about this chip trail. Granted the only time I've run on it or even been timed on the 1.5mi was at the start of API. It didn't really change my pace off of what I'd run for a 3mi.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I never really saw what the big deal was about this chip trail. Granted the only time I've run on it or even been timed on the 1.5mi was at the start of API. It didn't really change my pace off of what I'd run for a 3mi.

Agreed. It's maybe a 10-15 second difference, at most. Gentler on the shins too.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Agreed. It's maybe a 10-15 second difference, at most. Gentler on the shins too.

It slowed my run time by a minute from the out PRT of OCS, we also had a rash of rolled ankles when my class ran the chip trail, myself included.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
The chip trail added a minute to my normal time, but it still shouldn't be a problem. I think the whole purpose is to point out those who are BARELY passing the PRT and give them a pink-sheet wake up call...

No worries, you'll just run it again the following week and (hopefully) pass it :)