• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

good news for those coming down

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unlike the recent bad news of no more redneck parasailing, it was just put out today in A-pool that it's going back to the way it used to be with a 0730 muster and then you get to leave providing no appointments, etc. So hopefully nobody shows up drunk or tells the LTs in flight management that they can't come in because they have scuba lessons again and ruin the good deal.

Brunes

pilot
That didn't last very long...Congrats- Enjoy it and make sure you all keep each other in line.

FastMover

NFO
None
That's great news. I'm finishing IFS soon and it's nice to know that I'll be getting a nice break before API.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So hopefully nobody shows up drunk or tells the LTs in flight management that they can't come in because they have scuba lessons again and ruin the good deal.

you gotta be f'ing kidding me! Did he die a horrible death?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
you gotta be f'ing kidding me! Did he die a horrible death?

Hopefully not nearly as bad as the dude who showed up to muster still drunk or the people on watch with tongue piercings in or whatever the other shenanigans were that people were doing...

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Pink slips have been handed out like candy lately. Not going to go into details.

I got here a day after that a-pool madness started, and I classed up for IFS two days before it ended. I never got to experience the golden days of a-pool. Sad.

If someone messes it up for my second round of a-pool, we're fighting.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I never mustered much with A pool, I was stashed at the survival pool. That was an awesome stash job. Swim every morning, screw with people in the SWET chair, fish cookouts every friday. Not bad at all.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Quarterdeck watch: Worst. Stash. Ever. I usually bitched about it since it didn't get me out of muster, was usually overnight, and couldn't understand why it wasn't just a duty passed around among the entire pool, as opposed to the 8 of us who stood it. It was, however, really good encouragement to get my flight physical knocked out and get into IFS asap, so maybe it served its purpose.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never mustered much with A pool, I was stashed at the survival pool. That was an awesome stash job. Swim every morning, screw with people in the SWET chair, fish cookouts every friday. Not bad at all.

Way back when (1985) I was stashed at DWEST/water survival.

As stated, it was an awesome stash job. All I did was swim and get in great shape. When I went through with my API class I knew the staff but still took every swim test and passed with no problems at all.

It's a great gig if you can get it.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had the PRT this morning so I didn't muster, but my roommate said apparently somebody is already up to jackassery and didn't report to his stash job or something and A-pool got yelled at for it. I don't know all the details, but seriously, we just got this good deal back so if you were the dude that did this, this is the kind of thing that messed it up before, so stop. Seriously.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Quarterdeck watch: Worst. Stash. Ever. I usually bitched about it since it didn't get me out of muster, was usually overnight, and couldn't understand why it wasn't just a duty passed around among the entire pool, as opposed to the 8 of us who stood it. It was, however, really good encouragement to get my flight physical knocked out and get into IFS asap, so maybe it served its purpose.

I was on QD watch there for about 6 months. It sucked. I knew I had been there too long when I was telling the LTs what to do.

(N.B. don't get surgery and go med down when the QD is hurting for people, bad timing...)

ok D. that makes me feel a little better about myself. oh and I'm heading down to pcola soon... any suggestions on where to live?