• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going to try for another waiver

cgoetz

Well I have seen this part of the waiver guide before. However like I said the recruiter never told me that I could get something else supplement what I had. He just made seem like all I could do is keep reapplying for the waiver. He never said I could get more documentation for it. Now i feel like if I go to another recruiter the same thing is going to happen and I'll end up getting screwed. But whatever I guess I'll just have to roll with the punches.

cgoetz

Well I just turned 25 yesterday. I'm going to contact a recruiter and try to work out my whole situation. I'm probably going to do it next week though because I got family in town this week. I'm thinking what I gotta do is try to get some write-ups on my rediagnosis of adjustment because I think when I got rediagnosed with this instead of depression I think that harmed me a bit. I think what I need to show is that I don't have an issue with the adjustment disorder which I believe my current records don't show, I think they just say I have adjustment disorder. I don't know thats just my thought

cgoetz

I have a quick question. Does anyone besides those who have contributed to this thread already have been trying to get a waiver and when you went to the doctor for consult and get "rediagnosed". If so did this get you dq'd from gettingetting a waiver, and if so what did you have to do? Only reason I ask is I was rediagnosed and Im getting the feeling that's why I was denied.

cgoetz

It looks like this thread I put up is getting alot of attention. I just want to sayI hope its helpful to anyone out there who is having similiar issues. Anyway I'm still trying to get in touch with a recruiter. I emailed two last week and then again yesterday hopefully I'll here something soon.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Officer Recruiters are busy people these days. A simple email will most likely not get their attention.

Just make a phone call, if you must leave a message state your name, reason for calling and contact information for them to respond to your request.

Quick Google search came up with this list of phone numbers for NRD Jacksonville.

To echo what other people said; the Navy/Marine Corps wants this kind of documentation for med stuff.
1. I had (insert problem) go wrong.
2. Problem was treated appropriately.
3. Letter from Doc stating that problem is gone and will not be an issue anymore.

Based on your previous posts you seem to have this. If nothing else try going to a different doc to get your depression cleared.

Hope this helps.

cgoetz

Yeah man I figured. Reason I emailed was because I had so much history to go over and I know when I talk on the phone I tend to leave things out. But I will call. As for the medical issue I was rediagnosed as having adjustment disorder and after talking to feddoc I believe that's what screwed me

cgoetz

Well last week called two different recrtuiters last week. One wasn't in so I left a message. The other was a recruiter right here in Tampa referred to me by a reserve recruiter. I got through to this recruiter and after explaining to tehm my situation they said they were going to call MEPS and get my record and they will me back once they get them. That was last Friday. I figure it probably takes a few days to get the records but I'm not sure. Anyway I know its probably pointless to post this because nothing has happened yet but just thought I would give an update.

cgoetz

Does anyone know how long it takes for a recruiter to requisition medical records from MEPs. Like I said I called the recruiter last week and they said they were going to call me back when they got them. Its been a week and they still haven't called I want to call them back but I don't want to be pest either.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
It took me about 1.5 months, calling the OSO once a week to keep it from getting lost in the pile. Good luck.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Yeah. So was I. I had initially been working with a Marine OSO last year and there were no more OCC slots plus some med issues. Then finally got a positive med read while talking with a Navy OR this spring. I will be past the age cut off for Navy when they resume their boards this August. Once the April boards got cancelled I called the Marine OSO to get the ball rolling again. First call was early April, just got word Tuesday that they got my records from the Navy.

cgoetz

Well I finally got hold of the recruiter and it looks like I really got my work got my work cut for me. The lady I spoke to said that since my MEPS was so long ago that the write ups that I got about the adjustment disorder are no longer valid and I'm going to have to get revaluated again and this time by a psychiatrist not pyschologist. Its pretty much like feddoc said it he or she has to say specifically in their evaluation that no longer have any isssues with adjustment disorder and that I haven't taken medication in five years, and I have to bring all my previous documentation with me to the psychiatrist and to MEPS. She already told me what I suspected that I'm competing against some pretty steep odds because they haven't had alot of boards convening and there is only one more for FY 12. You know what though I don't care I'm used to it.

cgoetz

Allright so yesterday I went to Daytona Beach and saw the psychiatrist. He basically said that he couldn't write anything about my having adjustment disorder because what he saw me for was the depression. Also he tried to have me second guess why I was even trying to get into the navy kind of like "why you even bothering kid cant you see they don't want you". (I'm paraphrasing here of course). Bottom line all he said he could do was rewrite a letter that he written for the navy before saying that I have had no further issues with depression and that he hasn't prescribed me any meds. The letter he is going to give me seems kind of pointless because it doesn't adress the adjustment disorder which was diagnosed by the the psychologist and I tend to think that rediagnosis is what the Navy wants to have looked at. I could go to the pschologist and have him give another letter but that would probably be pointless because they want a psychiatrist's opinion. I talked to feddoc and he said I'm goign to have to see another psychiatrist and seek another opinion. When I get the new from the psychiatrist I'm going to call the recruiter and see what she says as well. Unfortunately I'm may not be able to do it right away because if need me to go for testing or anything like that it might get expensive so I gotta way my options. So thats where I'm at.