• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going to TBS.. have a few questions

outlawz2323

Hey I'm hopefully going to TBS in june, and had a few questions about moves and storage. I am currently at school in St. louis, and my Home of record is in New Jersey.

Will the Marine Corps pay for the move from my current school location to TBS AND pay for storage of all that stuff while I am at TBS?

Or

Will they only pay for moving my stuff from my Home of record to TBS?

Either way will they store all my stuff during the time while I am at TBS???

Please reply with what you personally have done in a situation like this.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Most of the guys I know left there stuff with there parents and then did a home of record move AFTER TBS to whatever duty station they got. The only ones I have heard of getting carrier moves with the Marine Corps going TO TBS are priors who were still in. Everyone else did a DITY then got reimbursed or left there stuff behind. Your specific orders will list what will be able to do so just wait till then.

riley

I did a home of record move to TBS. But I had also been married for three years and lived off base. The Marine Corps will pay for a Home of Record move for you to TBS, I'm not sure about storage, though. Unless you are married I would do what Jamnw mentioned.

Think of TBS living space as a very crowded dorm room with your weapon and all your gear and room for very little else.