• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going To Be A Rhino Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got selected for Rhinos today, VFA-122, Lemoore. I class-up on May 1st. I'm wicked excited (yeah MA accent) to fly the Rhino, though I was hoping for East Coast. Oh well, can't complain!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
Congrats Fly. You aren't really going to like the gun laws in Cali, but at least you have the beaches.

Quick question. Do state gun laws apply to privately owned guns that are stored on base?

Yeah I'm full aware of the gun laws in CA, they suck sh!t. I came from MA, which some consider even worse.

No beaches in Lemoore...

No, state gun laws don't apply on base, but I don't plan to live on base.

KBayDog

Fly Navy said:
Got selected for Rhinos today, VFA-122, Lemoore. I class-up on May 1st. I'm wicked excited (yeah MA accent) to fly the Rhino, though I was hoping for East Coast. Oh well, can't complain!

Congrats, man - it's been a long time in coming...though you're still a BOOT. ;)

Hey - I saw you were from MA. I'm sure you know about the Welcome Home Bonus. (I don't know if it even applies to you, but perhaps you know of others whom could benefit from it.)

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
KBayDog said:
Hey - I saw you were from MA. I'm sure you know about the Welcome Home Bonus. (I don't know if it even applies to you, but perhaps you know of others whom could benefit from it.)

Getting discharged for Hookers and Blow would probably disqualify him...

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Yeah I'm full aware of the gun laws in CA, they suck sh!t. I came from MA, which some consider even worse./QUOTE]

Congrats, Fly, Not bad for a Yankee!

Take your guns. Understand there is a sportsman club in Lemoore, think it is called Lemorre Sportsman Club. Rifle and pistol ranges, think rifle is only 100 yards, but hey! Also have shotgun including auto traps. Membership is dirt cheap, something like $75.00 a year. Have never actually been there, but talked to several members that say it is great.

House prices in Hanford also seem to be coming down in last 9 months or so. BAH was just reduced for single guys, but easily find new 3 br 2ba rentals within BAH.

On the other hand, attending the RAG in Lemoore does not necessarily mean assignment to a Lemoore squadron after the RAG.

Recidivist

Congrats Fly! Are you going to be flying the E or F, or do you know yet?

I think Lemoore might turn you into a nerd (as in your sig...)

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congratulations, Ryan (and Whitney!).... I know you wanted east coast and I'm sorry you didn't get that, but I'm glad you got the aircraft you wanted at least! Congrats again, me and Ben are thrilled for you.

gte544j

That's awesome, dude. Good luck in Lemoore. Out of curiousity, what did the other Navy guys in your winging class get?

Status
Not open for further replies.