• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going the Enlisted Route?

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Just to echo what everyone else has said, your GPA is not a show stopper. But it's not exactly doing you any favors either, as far as your chances of getting selected. You need good LORs, a good motivational statement, etc., but probably the biggest thing you can do to help yourself is to study and do well on the ASTB. A high score will prove that you're academically qualified even if your GPA doesn't really impress.

By the way, what are you considering applying for?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
or, I am planning on attending a graduate program Jan '08 to earn a teaching credential and work on my masters. If I get rejected this month, I will re-apply come Feb or March '08 and will have another booster to put on the application.

Top_Gun_101

Fly GA
I'm(19) in the Navy right now, I'm trying to get a bachelors in aviation(pilot) once i get out using the G.I. bill, being enlisted in the navy SUCKS ASS!!!!:eek:

But once you enlist, you can apply for STA-21..seaman to admiral
And you will be aesily accepted if you are a stellar sailor:icon_mi_1

BTW, how long does it takes to be a naval aviator from commisioning to flight training? 2years?

T.Y.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I'm(19) in the Navy right now, I'm trying to get a bachelors in aviation(pilot) once i get out using the G.I. bill, being enlisted in the navy SUCKS ASS!!!!:eek:

But once you enlist, you can apply for STA-21..seaman to admiral
And you will be aesily accepted if you are a stellar sailor:icon_mi_1

BTW, how long does it takes to be a naval aviator from commisioning to flight training? 2years?

T.Y.

API-2 months
Primary-6 months
Advanced-13 months
Pool/PCS time-3 months
~24 months for a jet pilot with obvious deviations

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Well, let me try and explain a little bit. I am a NRD Jacksonville Recruiter. I am an Enlisted EM1 nuke. I am the Nuclear Enlisted Recruiter for the district. I sit right across from the Officer Recruiters. I am axiously awaiting the results of the STA-21 board this year. I am applying for NFO/Core. As far as your GPA, here in Jax we have a pretty large "walk-in" market. Meaning we don't really have to look for candidates, they come to us. Therefore, we can be a little choosy as to whom we recruit. Because as we all know, the higher the GPA and the better the major (tech vs. non-tech) the better the chances of an applicant getting selected. Hence my point, most recruiters will take the easy road and work an applicant that is more likely to get selected.

BTW this is my first post, it's nice to find this site, it has been a valuable asset to my learning the "brown shoe" Navy.

Luke ******
EM1 (SW) USN

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Well, let me try and explain a little bit. I am a NRD Jacksonville Recruiter. I am an Enlisted EM1 nuke. I am the Nuclear Enlisted Recruiter for the district. I sit right across from the Officer Recruiters. I am axiously awaiting the results of the STA-21 board this year. I am applying for NFO/Core. As far as your GPA, here in Jax we have a pretty large "walk-in" market. Meaning we don't really have to look for candidates, they come to us. Therefore, we can be a little choosy as to whom we recruit. Because as we all know, the higher the GPA and the better the major (tech vs. non-tech) the better the chances of an applicant getting selected. Hence my point, most recruiters will take the easy road and work an applicant that is more likely to get selected.

BTW this is my first post, it's nice to find this site, it has been a valuable asset to my learning the "brown shoe" Navy.

Luke Hosman
EM1 (SW) USN

I was recruited out of Jax with what most would consider a sub-par GPA and they were extremely helpful. In fact I was originally recruited out of the NRD Atlanta office, but a certain OS1 was so quick to help that he ended up helping me through the process. He was availabe at all hours and returned my calls usually within the hour. I couldn't have asked for a better O-recruiter. That being said, I believe I showed a hell of a lot of drive in getting my package through, ie when he said he needed something I usually dropped whatever I was doing and tried to get it to him ASAP. I also usually talked to him about every other day. Over all I couldn't have been happier with my NRD Jax "experience". I found my dedication to be equaled by their office after I showed that I was willing to do what it took.

new user

I thought about that and the enlisted recruiter told me that officers and enlisted do the same thing but officers get paid more. I thought to myself...then why would I go enlisted?

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I was recruited out of Jax with what most would consider a sub-par GPA and they were extremely helpful. In fact I was originally recruited out of the NRD Atlanta office, but a certain OS1 was so quick to help that he ended up helping me through the process. He was availabe at all hours and returned my calls usually within the hour. I couldn't have asked for a better O-recruiter. That being said, I believe I showed a hell of a lot of drive in getting my package through, ie when he said he needed something I usually dropped whatever I was doing and tried to get it to him ASAP. I also usually talked to him about every other day. Over all I couldn't have been happier with my NRD Jax "experience". I found my dedication to be equaled by their office after I showed that I was willing to do what it took.

OS1 B****.. Very Nice guy... And yes He will break his back to help anyone who needs it...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I thought about that and the enlisted recruiter told me that officers and enlisted do the same thing but officers get paid more. I thought to myself...then why would I go enlisted?

What he told you was a mass generalization at best and a lie at worst.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

Sounds like he/she isnt happy about the pay scale. If you need to know the difference, ask the Officers here what they do.