• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Go Navy

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Huh? I agree that Navy beat Air Force that year, but I disagree that AF was #24. Sept 28th Coaches' Poll lists Air Force as #25. AP Poll lists Florida as #24, AF not ranked.

So, is it an AP mistake or did they only use the AP poll?? The difference is that AF was on one, not the other - Wake Forest was on both.

This may be true...I just remember being there and everyone making a huge deal out of navy finally taking down a ranked team. It was around that time that the "I believe that we will win" cheer became really popular. My memory may be slightly clouded, seeing as the ensuing shennanigans in DC that night almost lead me to a Black N (youngster at the time).

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got back from Wake Forest, still don't have the voice back. That game was awesome!!! Definitely a huge roller coaster ride, but, damn, was it fun. Downtown Winston-Salem was a sweet time too.

The whole beating a ranked team thing...an article in the Baltimore Sun today said it was the first time Navy had beaten a team that was ranked in both polls. Like Phrog said, AF was only ranked in one, so I guess that doesn't count.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just got back a couple hours ago myself. The 250 Mids that were there were just insanely loud. Such an awesome weekend.

But I do have to say, Wake's fans were probably some of the nicest I've encountered at any place I've been to. Great time.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I really wish that I had watched the game now, damn it. That would have been a hard sell to wife, though, as I hadn't seen her in 7 months. Hmm... Making little poop-filled copies of myself, or Navy football? Choices, choices...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I really wish that I had watched the game now, damn it. That would have been a hard sell to wife, though, as I hadn't seen her in 7 months. Hmm... Making little poop-filled copies of myself, or Navy football? Choices, choices...

Dude, doggy style and a TV. No need to choose.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, I damn near got stabbed the last time I tried that. She didn't agree with the whole using her back as a beer rest thing...

cisforsmasher

pilot
Or a BJ as you watch the game... less work. I suggest you try either Matt or I's suggestion this weekend for the Air Force game. I definitely will be using both brilliant ideas.