• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Go Navy

trogdor

pilot
How about that football team..... taking down a top 25 opponent!! reminds me of the good old days....

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Just watched that game. Man, it got hairy there for a moment. I hope Kaipo is alright but glad to see we took down a #16 ranked team.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Awesome game.

Air Force may be a good game after all. Now that we have a defense, I'm looking forward to it.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Slight AP mistake: they are saying its navy's first win against a ranked opponent in 23 years. Not true, as navy beat #24 air force in 2003 at redskins stadium

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Nice to see the Navy guys get a good win on television...now if MY college could get a win or two this season (or even get on TV)...

GO CYCLONES!!!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
So, I'm having some issues with this.

I was looking at this badass Navy jersey today and was going to grab it. I want to really start following Navy sports, especially football.

Is it weird for me to be a Hokie/AppSt. fan and cheer for Navy as well? How is that seen in the ACTUAL Navy? Will I get a whole lot of "yeah but you didn't go to Canoe U."

Not that it would really affect my decision, but I do want to rock the Navy stuff on gameday without getting the 3rd degree.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None

I was looking at this badass Navy jersey today and was going to grab it. I want to really start following Navy sports, especially football.

Is it weird for me to be a Hokie/AppSt. fan and cheer for Navy as well? How is that seen in the ACTUAL Navy? Will I get a whole lot of "yeah but you didn't go to Canoe U."

Not that it would really affect my decision, but I do want to rock the Navy stuff on gameday without getting the 3rd degree.

I don't think anyone would care. Personally, I wouldn't care. I have random sports stuff from other D-I schools (notre dame and texas to name two) anyway, and follow teams that actually have a BCS chance every year. Even though my loyalty will always be with my alma mater, there's nothing wrong with rooting for/following other teams. And if someone actually got on your case, outside of the typical friendly hassling, then they just look like an idiot, in my opinion.

Lobster

I feel your pain, we've got a rule here among the hockey team that we don't wear any other schools colors or gear. I have navy shirts and hat that are non-academy issue just United States Navy apparel, I had to explain to coach the other day the difference after he tried to fine me, I laughed and told him the Navy was paying the bills now i'll wear what I want...:D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy crap! Good on them. Navy continues the enduring tradition of supremely uneven performance. Beat a Top-25 team but lose to Ball St?

Oh, well. It's always a 3-game season anyway: ND, AF and Army.

phrogpilot73

Buy the badass jersey. Your Canoe U brethren won't care. PSW went to WCU, and has a shit-ton of Navy stuff and cheers for Navy beside me. For what it's worth, she had season tickets when we met...

Slight AP mistake: they are saying its navy's first win against a ranked opponent in 23 years. Not true, as navy beat #24 air force in 2003 at redskins stadium
Huh? I agree that Navy beat Air Force that year, but I disagree that AF was #24. Sept 28th Coaches' Poll lists Air Force as #25. AP Poll lists Florida as #24, AF not ranked.

So, is it an AP mistake or did they only use the AP poll?? The difference is that AF was on one, not the other - Wake Forest was on both.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Buy the badass jersey. Your Canoe U brethren won't care. PSW went to WCU, and has a shit-ton of Navy stuff and cheers for Navy beside me. For what it's worth, she had season tickets when we met...

Huh? I agree that Navy beat Air Force that year, but I disagree that AF was #24. Sept 28th Coaches' Poll lists Air Force as #25. AP Poll lists Florida as #24, AF not ranked.

So, is it an AP mistake or did they only use the AP poll?? The difference is that AF was on one, not the other - Wake Forest was on both.

When the game was televised and everyone who wasn't at the game was watching the game, it was billed as Navy vs. #24 Air Force.

phrogpilot73

When the game was televised and everyone who wasn't at the game was watching the game, it was billed as Navy vs. #24 Air Force.
Weird. Especially since the week before and the week after, Air Force is unranked in both polls. I wouldn't know what they were billed as... I was deployed ;)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I wonder what the line was on the game in Vegas, imagine the money you could have made betting this game and the USC - Oregon State game.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I wonder what the line was on the game in Vegas, imagine the money you could have made betting this game and the USC - Oregon State game.

Or just about any team this past weekend. You couldn't help but bet on a upset this week.