• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Go Gators!!

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
UM lost to the #1 team by 3 points away from home. UF lost Auburn. Not saying that Auburn isn't good this year, but they're not OSU. UF got their rematch in '96, which was BS by the way (FSU grad here), now its time for karma to kick them in the ass.

Heres to hoping that UM plays against OSU. Although I sure would love to see the gators play in the National Championship and lose :D

I would like to see the rematch between UM and OSU. That being said Florida deserves the opportunity to play in the game. They just won the SEC and lost only once to Auburn.

OSU pretty much handled UM two weeks ago. UM's only big win came at Notre Dame.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
I would like to see the rematch between UM and OSU. That being said Florida deserves the opportunity to play in the game. They just won the SEC and lost only once to Auburn.

OSU pretty much handled UM two weeks ago. UM's only big win came at Notre Dame.

Michigan also holds the only win against Wisconsin, who is sitting at 11-1. Nobody is really talking about that. When it comes down to it, there is no way Ohio State would beat Michigan twice in the same season, nor vice versa, as much as it sucks to say. If Ohio State is so tough, it should be no problem for them to beat Michigan again, although it wouldn't happen. Ohio State wants to play Florida, because they know they can kill them. BTW, if OSU handled U of M, the final score wouldn't have been a 3 point difference. Michigan had the edge in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for a bone head penalty, we would be chilling at the top, waiting to see if Ohio State or Florida should play us in the NC. Many ifs, ands, or buts. If you want to see a GREAT game, UM vs OSU! GO BLUE!!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
schedule, schedule, schedule...no way Florida goes...

I really don't care either way...just calling it like I see it.

Thank god UCLA!

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
I spent the last Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix with some better-than-thou Notre Dame fans (although the college-aged fans were cool and had a knack for shotgunning beers), and since I'm going back this year and would hate to spend it with a bunch of elitist M*ch*g*n fans. Troy Smith is a convincing 3-0 in the rivalry and would easily be 4-0 while holding his Heisman Trophy in his left hand and throwing with his right. I'll gladly share my case of beer with Gator fans before and after the game.

scoober, i wouldn't be saying "schedule" too loud--florida played the toughest in the nation, michigan third...that said, they should've taken care of business against auburn; i don't see the gators being able to hang with troy and co.

GatorP

I wont comment on the politics of the BCS right now...What i will say is.

The parties here last night were crazy....I would post pictures...but they wouldnt last long.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wont comment on the politics of the BCS right now...What i will say is.

The parties here last night were crazy....I would post pictures...but they wouldnt last long.
Go ahead and post the pics! GO GATORS!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you want to see a GREAT game, UM vs OSU! GO BLUE!!

First of all, the question isn't who would give Ohio State a better game, rather, who had the better season. That's a debate that will rage long after the season is over.

That being said, I don't think Michigan deserves to play for the national title, because it isn't right for them to be able to get a second crack at the Big Ten Champs with the national title on the line.

Also, if Michigan were to win the national title, it would render the regular season instant classic that took place a couple of weeks ago as meaningless, and no rivarly game should ever be meaningless.

If you want a sport where you don't have to win your conference to win the national title, go watch NCAA basketball.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
First of all, the question isn't who would give Ohio State a better game, rather, who had the better season. That's a debate that will rage long after the season is over.

That being said, I don't think Michigan deserves to play for the national title, because it isn't right for them to be able to get a second crack at the Big Ten Champs with the national title on the line.

Also, if Michigan were to win the national title, it would render the regular season instant classic that took place a couple of weeks ago as meaningless, and no rivarly game should ever be meaningless.

If you want a sport where you don't have to win your conference to win the national title, go watch NCAA basketball.

Exactly. How can you argue that it's ok for OSU to have to beat UM twice for a national championship and UM should only have to be OSU once?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GO GATORS!!

Goin' to the the National Championship

Ahhh, brings back memories when Texas beat Nebraska in 1996. Other than the Gators, my favorite teams are Texas and UCLA :D

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Congrats to Florida...Like I said, nothing against or for Florida of Mich...

I think ultimately the point we all should take away from this one is that the BCS is less effective than joboy...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
GO GATORS!!

Goin' to the the National Championship

Ahhh, brings back memories when Texas beat Nebraska in 1996. Other than the Gators, my favorite teams are Texas and UCLA :D

Ironically, that year, the team that opened the door for Florida to win the national championship was...Ohio State. They beat undefeated No. 2 Arizona State in the Rose Bowl (when the Big Ten and Pac-10 champs met, no matta what).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All true college football fans will now pray for the BCS to implode under the wrath of a bunch of pissed off Michigan, Wisconsin and Louisville fans . . .

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
All true college football fans will now pray for the BCS to implode under the wrath of a bunch of pissed off Michigan, Wisconsin and Louisville fans . . .

That's just it, everyone else pretty much thinks it worked out well. I know I do.

Bernie Kosar

If Ohio State is so tough, it should be no problem for them to beat Michigan again, although it wouldn't happen. Ohio State wants to play Florida, because they know they can kill them. BTW, if OSU handled U of M, the final score wouldn't have been a 3 point difference. Michigan had the edge in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for a bone head penalty, we would be chilling at the top, waiting to see if Ohio State or Florida should play us in the NC.

Ohio State destroyed Michigan. Here are some stats for the game: OSU had 503 total yards compared against Michigan’s 397, OSU's 3rd down conversion percentage was 55% compared against Michigan's 31%, and OSU had 24 first downs compared against Michigan’s 17. Try to find a statistical category where Michigan beat OSU. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=263220194.

Aside from the stats, consider the following: two OSU fumbles occurred because the OSU center had a cast on his arm and was making bad snaps. Both of those fumbles were turned over to Michigan. As far as bonehead penalties are concerned, Michigan got a fresh set of downs simply because its center did not look up on a punt (and an OSU player made contact with him). After the penalty, OSU still held Michigan to three and out.

I imagine that if the stats for the game were a little closer then there might have been a rematch. However, if the game is analyzed, it is clear that Michigan doesn't deserve a rematch. The computer aspect of the BCS poll has Florida and Michigan as equal. With that reality in mind, the human element of the BCS comes into play. Michigan played OSU and was dominated by OSU. Florida has not gotten to play OSU... which one deserves a shot at the championship?

I do wish that there was a rematch though... I would love to see Michigan get beat by OSU again.