• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Go Gators!!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Not even a little true. Florida is going to get eaten alive...sorry Gator fans...I'd like to see someone beat OSU...but it ain't going to be this year.

No one gave UCLA a chance against USC and we all know how that turned out.

This matchup reminds me of the 2002 championship game, A powerful Miami squad against an Ohio State team that won a bunch of games down the stretch by the skin of thier teeth (Notably a 4th down TD pass that lifted them past a crappy Purdue team, 13-9).

Upsets happen, so I'll be watching.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm just amazed on the amount of energy people expend on these kind of discussions. If the good guys win, great. If OSU wins, sucks to be a Gator fan. Beyond that, why not just wait until Jan 2nd...er Jan 6th...I mean Jan 8th to see.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'm just amazed on the amount of energy people expend on these kind of discussions. If the good guys win, great. If OSU wins, sucks to be a Gator fan. Beyond that, why not just wait until Jan 2nd...er Jan 6th...I mean Jan 8th to see.

I'm thinking it might be all those bastard antagonists out there . . .hmm?:confused:

wrk

No one gave UCLA a chance against USC and we all know how that turned out.

And we all know how the other OSU (oregon state) beat USC, I think everyone gave them even less of a chance than UCLA. What did USC finish at? 5th? How the hell does that work. I'm a huge Oregon State fan, a lot of my family went to school there, but I'll be the first to tell you that they generally aren't that great (even though they finished 22, which is awesome). But then Oregon State beats USC, UCLA beats USC, and somehow they still end up at number 5? Now THERE is the sign that the BSC is truely flawed.

Lawman

None
And we all know how the other OSU (oregon state) beat USC, I think everyone gave them even less of a chance than UCLA. What did USC finish at? 5th? How the hell does that work. I'm a huge Oregon State fan, a lot of my family went to school there, but I'll be the first to tell you that they generally aren't that great (even though they finished 22, which is awesome). But then Oregon State beats USC, UCLA beats USC, and somehow they still end up at number 5? Now THERE is the sign that the BSC is truely flawed.

If you wanna talk about getting an easy season due to your conferance look no further. USC played teams that wernt even rated and nearly lost to them, Oregon just put the nail in the coffin. Heck if the Huskies had been allowed to continue that ass kicking drive instead of having the game ended on a questionable ruling they probably would have beaten USC.

Oh and Go Bucks!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you wanna talk about getting an easy season due to your conferance look no further. USC played teams that wernt even rated and nearly lost to them, Oregon just put the nail in the coffin. Heck if the Huskies had been allowed to continue that ass kicking drive instead of having the game ended on a questionable ruling they probably would have beaten USC.

Say what you want about USC and the Pac-10, but that'd be like knocking Ohio State because they didn't play Wisconsin...something they had no control of.

What USC did have control of was its non-conference slate which was: Arkansas, Nebraska, and Notre Dame. That's pretty impressive. In contrast, Michigan played: Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ball State (a game they nearly lost at home...some people have selective memory I guess). Florida's non-conference sked? Southern Mississippi, Central Florida, Western Carolina, and Florida State.

P.S. I'm a neutral party here, just pointing some thing biased people tend to overlook ;)

Lawman

None
Say what you want about USC and the Pac-10, but that'd be like knocking Ohio State because they didn't play Wisconsin...something they had no control of.

What USC did have control of was its non-conference slate which was: Arkansas, Nebraska, and Notre Dame. That's pretty impressive. In contrast, Michigan played: Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ball State (a game they nearly lost at home...some people have selective memory I guess). Florida's non-conference sked? Southern Mississippi, Central Florida, Western Carolina, and Florida State.

P.S. I'm a neutral party here, just pointing some thing biased people tend to overlook ;)

Yeah but if a Big 10 team stays inside its own conferance its got a good chance of playing at least a team in the top 15 if not top 10. But it wasnt just that USC was playing non-rated pushover teams it was that by all rights they should have been killing those teams and they had 3 near losses to unrated teams before Oregon finally went and finished the job of showin that they were over rated. Yet still they didnt drop drastically down the board like they by rights should have, Texas lost to OSU straight out in the beginning of the season and they were rated number 2 and OSU was rated number 1, after that we never heard of them again as a contender and now they are down at 18 where as USC played and lost to a team that wasnt even rated and they were still up until loosing to UCLA listed as a BCS championship contender. Im just saying that there are "schoolhouse favorites" and USC always seems to be one of them same with Notre Dame. In a way those were the two teams I wanted to see OSU play not that Im saying Florida didnt diserve their spot (and dont worry you can be first in line for an ass whoopin if you want) just that both those teams need to get over themselves.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Yeah but if a Big 10 team stays inside its own conferance its got a good chance of playing at least a team in the top 15 if not top 10. But it wasnt just that USC was playing non-rated pushover teams it was that by all rights they should have been killing those teams and they had 3 near losses to unrated teams before Oregon finally went and finished the job of showin that they were over rated. Yet still they didnt drop drastically down the board like they by rights should have, Texas lost to OSU straight out in the beginning of the season and they were rated number 2 and OSU was rated number 1, after that we never heard of them again as a contender and now they are down at 18 where as USC played and lost to a team that wasnt even rated and they were still up until loosing to UCLA listed as a BCS championship contender. Im just saying that there are "schoolhouse favorites" and USC always seems to be one of them same with Notre Dame. In a way those were the two teams I wanted to see OSU play not that Im saying Florida didnt diserve their spot (and dont worry you can be first in line for an ass whoopin if you want) just that both those teams need to get over themselves.

Dude, Florida had a lot of "near losses" too.

Oregon (not state) was ranked when USC beat them, same with Cal, and they beat Arkansas 50-14 AT ARKANSAS.

USC did lose to UCLA (big rivalry game, throw out the records), but they deserve their ranking.

Actually, Texas was ranked 3rd (in week 11) well after its loss to OSU, before they lost 2 more in a row to end the season. That's when nobody heard from them as a contender again.

Ok, so ND had an easy schedule with the service academies, but I think that is a neat tradition. If I was athletic director I wouldn't want to be remembered as the guy who stopped the tradition.

But, this is what makes college football and the current system great. We could drink beers and talk about this for hours. :icon_zbee