• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gloves

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
If anyone can find a working link to a 2002 Approach article called "Stuck on a Shock Absorber" you'll see a closeup of me flipping off the camera and the reason why I wear gloves preflight to postflight. Basically, I got fishooked right through my middle fingertip by a piece of braided safety wire while preflighting a Phrog. Didn't really hurt until the corpsman yanked it out with a pair of needle nose pliers.
And that is why I wear gloves at work 99% of the time. I've had quite a few close calls with safety wire and cotter pins; both will rip you open in a heartbeat.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Using the alternative prefight option to keep potential fluids from impregnating the flight gloves

web_100805-N-6106P-001.jpg

100805-N-6106P-001 JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Aug. 5, 2010) Lt. Rocky Argobright, an instructor pilot assigned to Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 120, completes his walk-around inspection before conducting a carrier field landing practice mission. (U.S. Navy photo by Clark Pierce/Released)