• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Glock 36 vs. P220 Compact

navy09

None
It's okay. As a long time Glock shooter, the DA/SA takes some getting used to for me. It's sort of a safe queen now.

The white print on my G19 is just white ink rubbed over the letters to make them stand out. Although it is an older G19. Picked it up in 1990.

I really lean towards my Glocks (19, 23C, 34) for personal defense. Ready at the draw, no safety, switches or anything to flip or push. Point and shoot. Of course, the onus of correct target acquisition and decision to shoot still lies with the nut behind the gun. :)

My night stand gun:
CIMG0028.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

Two G19s?!?! You're my hero :D

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, it's a G23C in .40 cal, same size as a G19, more punch.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Roger that, why the ported model for a home defense piece? I've heard it sucks to shoot in the dark.

The ported .40 cal recoils a lot less. sort of chugs in your hand when you shoot. Muzzle flash vs port flash...no real difference to me when I have a Surefire Torch in the other hand.

G23 C shoots well for a .40 cal.

CIMG0344.jpg

CIMG0342.jpg

CIMG0343.jpg

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
How could he possibly be satisfied with the Red Ryder bb gun when he has a SIG Mosquito to shoot?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
My dad got me a Red Ryder when I was his age.....but no compass in the stock:(

tlord82

pilot
Quick Thread Jack (or curve)

Sig P220 vs H&K USP .45

I'm looking at a post-deployment present to myself. I loved shooting the P220, but I have never handled the H&K....

utak

Sig P220 vs H&K USP .45

I'm looking at a post-deployment present to myself. I loved shooting the P220, but I have never handled the H&K....

USP's are a bit blocky in grip, and the grip contours are nowhere as nice as the SIG, but USPs were designed to be handled with gloves.

Try looking into the new HK 45, the grip is a lot better, can still be carried cocked and locked, and it's still more capacity then the P220 at 10+1.

lg_hk45.jpg

B

Blutonski816

Sig P220 vs H&K USP .45

I've shot both and for me, the USP was more comfortable. like Nick said, it's a bit blocky, but it was better than the sig, IMO, since I don't have big hands.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I just shot my buddies brand new Glock 27 today. It is the .40 version of the 36. I actually didnt mind it too much but it reminded me of why I didnt like the G36.

Bevo16

pilot
This seems to be a Glock and HK thread, but if you guys have not taken the Smith and Wesson M&P series out for a test drive, you are cheating yourself. IMHO, they are superior to the Glock in virtually every respect. The two differences that jumped out to me were the superior trigger pull of the S&W and the ergonomics. The Glock feels to me like holding a brick and the trigger pull is not smooth. It seems to hang up slightly just before it goes "bang". That increased resistance always causes me to pull down and left.

The trigger pull of the S&W is smooth all the way through. All of the M&P models also have an adjustable grip so you can custom fit the weapon to your hand. No matter how big or small your mitt is, the M&P will fit you.

If you only have experience with S&W's Sigma series (affordable, but not outstanding), go back and give the M&P a try. It's worth the 10$ rental at the range before you make a $500+ purchase.