• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Girlfriend and flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
With an increase in both girlfriend threads (w/ pics editions) and drunk posting, AirWarriors slowly devlops into the first internet nudie bar.

Yeah, that sounds good.
ladies_man.jpg

flyerstud4

Thanks for the advise/input. I talked to my father(ex military) he said the same thing, to go to P'cola alone. Thanks for the replies and your dream'n to think i will post pictures:icon_wink

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the advise/input. I talked to my father(ex military) he said the same thing, to go to P'cola alone. Thanks for the replies and your dream'n to think i will post pictures:icon_wink

She's ugly, I understand. She's the best you could get at the time.

Brett

snake020

Contributor
Everyone here seems to agree to go to Pensacola alone; when is the right time to bring the GF/SO/fiancée/fvck buddy along?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Everyone here seems to agree to go to Pensacola alone; when is the right time to bring the GF/SO/fiancée/fvck buddy along?

Just keep in mind that if you are looking at a long term relationship that you won't be able to keep putting it off...or it will never happen. You gotta decide what is best for you. I personally would have never left my wife behind unless I had to...way I figure is we will be apart enough soon and don't need to do it when we aren't forced to. You gotta do some soul searching and do what YOU think is right...

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
My girlfriend came down a few months after I did, and I ended up married. If thats not the direction your looking to take it, I wouldn't do it.

On a more technical side, moving and living with someone else whose not in the military, and probably still has ambitions of her own, and not getting the benefits (read: More BAH, medical/dental for her, jobs on base, military clauses in rental agreements, etc.), sucks.

I mean, most places require both people to sign the lease, so if you get sent to corpus and theres 8 months still on your lease, you get out, she gets stuck, unless she's your spouse. So far as I understand it. Just my .02

C-Mike

Everyone here seems to agree to go to Pensacola alone...

So it is well established that one should go to Pensacola w/o a significant other, etc. However for clarification, and assuming your SO is understanding and supportive of your flight training (meaning she won't be giving you sh!t all the time), is the main reason for gowing alone that your time together is limited and you should a.) be studying, b.) be out drinking with your buddies, and/or c.) one would likely then have to forgo the many "targets of opportunity" that exist if they were tied down with a SO in town...
Are B & C the no joke common explanations?

(This might be a no brainer:icon_hamm, but I thought we'd get absolute clarity...)

BurghGuy

I dunno, I got married and I still a) find plenty of time to study and b)Still go drinking with my buddies. In fact, having a spouse/girlfriend who understands everything, is great. She works too, so I get, 1)an extra salary coming in each month, 2)Someone who does my laundry, cleans the toilet, and loves to cook. Which affords me significantly more time to 3)Still get to go out drinking with my buddies, and 4)don't have to waste my time and money looking for said "targets of opportunity" if that's what you'd call Pensacola women... (chances are the "target" has been hit before, pun definitely intended)

So I say, if you understand the risks, like where your relationship is headed, and still think it's a good idea, go for it.

BurghGuy

Mefesto said:
There's no such thing... she'll quietly feel neglected and then one day it'll blow up in your face.

There's always that potential. It's one of the risks inherent in any woman.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Mefesto said:
There's no such thing... she'll quietly feel neglected and then one day it'll blow up in your face.

I gotta call bullsh!t on this one...yes it is a potential but there are many women out there who are very supportive and very understanding...

if they aren't then here is an idea...make them study with you for a little while, asking you questions...they will become VERY supportive in no time...

Status
Not open for further replies.