• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ghosts of training past.

eurotrash

USMC SNA
With the huge training turd stuck in the proverbial production pipe down in Corpus, I thought it would be interesting to see what the record times to complete primary were, in regards to taking the longest...(med down/E-leave time doesn't count). Milton/Vance studs feel free to compete.

To get it started: I'm 8 months in and about 3 PA flights deep, I think I may contend for the record come selection.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I thought this thread was about simulator instructors when I read the title... :D

(Sorry, I got winged as an ENS.)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Interesting how Corpus seems to have changed. When I went through, myself and nearly everyone I knew got through in about 6 months (if not a little less)

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Interesting how Corpus seems to have changed. When I went through, myself and nearly everyone I knew got through in about 6 months (if not a little less)

Ya, I got beat by everyone from my API class that went to Corpus, and it only took me 8 months for primary.

To get it started: I'm 8 months in and about 3 PA flights deep, I think I may contend for the record come selection.

I can't believe it's taken you 8 months just to get to PAs. Who the hell did you piss off?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I started primary in Feb of 08. I was advanced syllabus complete in Dec 08, and that's including a summer break thrown in between primary and advanced. You too could have this experience if only you'd gone to Vance. :)

eurotrash

USMC SNA
No one pissed off, actually the norm around here to spend about 2-3 months in each block of training. That isn't referring to contacts as a whole, RI's, etc....more like fams, 4100, 4200, etc...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Damn et...Have you done anything else besides day contacts and BIs? It's pretty normal around our squadron to average 8 to 12 days between flights with the occasional person who has done two or three xx86 flights in a row. We are also scheduled and brief pretty much every day (even though my calendar card is full of CAs). Is it the same for you or do you only get scheduled once every few days? Maybe lots and lots of standbys? If it's the same you must be a damn systems and procedures guru by now.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I was commissioned on 1 Apr 93, started API in Nov 93, blew my knew out second day, finished up Jul 94. Started primary in Aug 94 with VT-27, finished March 95. VT-31 from March-Aug 95. VT-4 from September 95 to October 96 but was winged in July 96, lots of stash time. The killer was VAW-120, checked in Nov 96, med down in January 97 by the most incompetent flight doc (I use the term doc very, very loosely here) and didn't go med up until Jan 98 and didn't start flying the COD until March 98. I arrived in the fleet as an O-3.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I thought this thread was about simulator instructors when I read the title... :D

(Sorry, I got winged as an ENS.)

You're not the only one. It's rare now, but I put on JG early with 2 other guys who were a little bit behind me in the RAG syllabus. I winged late April, so most of the guys who checked into the RAG from my winging class put it on as soon as they got there. I waited until September to throw on with the two other dudes. I was 3 months shy of making it to the fleet as an ENS.

I was commissioned on 1 Apr 93, started API in Nov 93, blew my knew out second day, finished up Jul 94. Started primary in Aug 94 with VT-27, finished March 95. VT-31 from March-Aug 95. VT-4 from September 95 to October 96 but was winged in July 96, lots of stash time. The killer was VAW-120, checked in Nov 96, med down in January 97 by the most incompetent flight doc (I use the term doc very, very loosely here) and didn't go med up until Jan 98 and didn't start flying the COD until March 98. I arrived in the fleet as an O-3.

Just goes to show the difference pipelines and clumsiness make! Clumsy CODfish pilot hits the fleet as an O-3, and self-important, egomaniacal helo-bubba almost hits fleet as an O-1.... almost. :p

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Currently in VT-28, reported down here the second week of July, classed up for systems in the last week of July. Completed FAM 0 on September 1st, completed FAM 4 on September 30th. As of right now I am on C4104. Things are quite slow to say the least. I am assuming I'll be sent on the detachment to Roswell to finish up contacts, PA's and forms.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I have a buddy down here who has been stuck on one flight for nearly 2-1/2 months. He has briefed it at least 20 times.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Reported to TW-4 19 September 2009
Classed up with VT-28 13 October 2009

Scheduled for Fam-1: 2 weeks ago (ACNA)

Never scheduled for Fam-1 any other time.
Never flown.
5 C2085 practice sims.

So classed up for 3 months (been here for 4) and done nothing. No med down issues or anything.

edit: I'm on the accelerated program

Python

pilot
Contributor
^^Also, there are people in my same class that are not accelerated and haven't had Fam-0 yet. They will be contenders for the record even more than I am.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You're actually kinda lucky that you're waiting now, and not in the middle of the syllabus. There is nothing worse than getting scheduled every 13 days, just so you don't end up in the mandatory warmup window. It is almost impossible to fly the airplane very well when you're going that long between X's, regardless of the amount of studying you do. I'd rather do four months of waiting and fly regularly after that...which is what they're trying to accomplish.