• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting the billet...Questions

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Probably should be private - but he put it out there and I am going to fix his problem for him without him saying it's a problem. Maybe he wants his superiors to see this...

gramps09

sorry- I just realized that. Thank you for pointing that out. It's just so hard to sit back and watch somebody get kicked out for something small and yet see somebody else retained who had done worse. Guess life is unfair sometimes. Sorry in advance.

gramps09

BTW if I may ask what were your majors and does it play a factor in the selection process? I am a general engineer

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
BTW if I may ask what were your majors and does it play a factor in the selection process? I am a general engineer

Gramps, I had several classmates of mine who were general engineers who got a pilot slot. As a matter of fact one of them winged a few months ago here, so good luck.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I was an aero major. I think it probably helped cause it showed intrest, but I wouldn't recomend any one try just to get pilot or cause you think it will help a lot later on. It did help a little in api, but a very little, and provided you make it through, api doesn't mean a whole lot.

gramps09

What exactly how is API broken down? Since I'm general I would like to take some courses that will help possibly.

llnick2001

pilot
aero, weather, engines, frr, nav
For the aero class, nothing more than the intro to aero class aero majors take is covered. Some class about engines may help (like propulsion) but really I wouldn't worry about it. They'll teach you what they want you to know at api.

gramps09

Thanks. Since I went from Mech to General, I am "ahead" of the curve and my electives are free. Thank you for the advice. Great appreciated.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Thanks. Since I went from Mech to General, I am "ahead" of the curve and my electives are free. Thank you for the advice. Great appreciated.

Dude, at USNA, if you've got some free electives, take something you want to take and will enjoy. You'll have a more than sufficient background for API and whatever else may come along. If you can make your ac load less painful, do it, and that in turn may help that gpa of yours.

llnick2001

pilot
That's a good point. Backing down from challenges isn't something someone in our business should be about. That said, taking aero classes generally isn't a good way to raise a gpa unless you really love that stuff.

Rebel652

pilot
I took Intro to Aero and Hist of Military Aviation which were both interesting electives. I did the Flight Team thing too back when it got funding. I was a dumb Econ major too - Intro Aero wasn't a prob. Got out of there with a solid 2.6 and a pilot slot!

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
I took Intro to Aero and Hist of Military Aviation which were both interesting electives. I did the Flight Team thing too back when it got funding. I was a dumb Econ major too - Intro Aero wasn't a prob. Got out of there with a solid 2.6 and a pilot slot!

Yeah, exactly, sounds familiar. I was poli-sci, only took the bare minimum required engineering courses. API courses are no problem, better to just memorize the material rather than try to overthink it. You'll re-learn it all in Primary and Advanced anyway. Best of luck to ya, bro.