• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting married during flight school

KBayDog

Or, look at it this way. You can get her a anniversary/Christmas gift at that time, then later in the year get a nice gift 'just because'. You could make out like a star, being that thoughful husband. I can speak from some experience, Dec 28th is our anniversary date.

And you can spend the rest of your life hoping she does not read AirWarriors and realize that you have an ulterior motive.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
And you can spend the rest of your life hoping she does not read AirWarriors and realize that you have an ulterior motive.

She is already active on here on the knives side of the site. She knows what I mean. :D I hope ... :eek:

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I Guess Either Way You End Up Broke

Whatever day it is just dont forget about it. Youll never hear the end of that. As for combining gifts in Dec, my wife's B-day is real close to Xmas. She makes it very clear to me that the two days are completely unrelated. However I ask her, what would jesus say? I think both days are considered a birthday. But I still have to buy two damn gifts. its hard enough finding one gift, then I have to think of a whole new gift to give a few days later. Im fresh out of ideas, ill figure it out in six months. At least football will be here soon.

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
then I have to think of a whole new gift to give a few days later. Im fresh out of ideas, ill figure it out in six months. At least football will be here soon.
It only gets harder ... better start now. Football is only going to make it more difficult to think of girly gifts. :D Maybe we should share ideas

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
Put in a stripper pole in your TV room.

She can excercise and you will have entertainment for when John Madden is being MOTO.

borat_in_paris.jpg

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Lots of Sexytime

I would get the pole, but she would probably want to put it right in front of the TV. I think I am going to get her NFL ticket, a Bel STi driver, and a new throwback Jersey. If she doesn't like the gifts I will be more than happy to take them off of her hands. Or I could go for the infamous "I owe you 1 car wash" card.

Being married is good.

I think I got 2 weeks (maybe 2.5) for Christmas during API. Depending on how things are when you get here, you might be stuck in a-pool for awhile. Also, depending on where you do IFS, it may take the whole 60 days (took me 55 or so... I did it at Pensacola Regional and they don't fly in bad weather... ever). My wife and I got married right before checking in, and we basically got a 5 month honeymoon here.

So my advice: get it done quick and enjoy the time you may be sitting around in Pensacola.

Also, being married has DEFINATELY helped me during flight school. I wouldn't have done as well if I wasn't.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I suggest you wait until after winging and before the FRS if that is possible, or better after your first cruise.

As mentioned in previous threads . . . . . very sage advice. If the marriage can wait until AFTER the first deployment, the relationship will be much stronger.

It's not just me. The atmosphere at Whiting (since they send all the married guys there) is pretty conducive to the hitched.

Reactions: Rg9

MasterBates

If you can't swing chasing tail while being a flight school student, you need better time management skills.

BTDT.