• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting Fried

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
restricted from doing anything but mustering and existing.

no liberty, no music, no sleeping during the day, no civilian clothes.. no nothing.

All you can do is eat, sleep, workout and academics. You have to signout if you are leaving Bancroft Hall... you have to muster like 3 or 4 times a day, and like 6 on the weekends.

phrogpilot73

TheBubba said:
restricted from doing anything but mustering and existing.

no liberty, no music, no sleeping during the day, no civilian clothes.. no nothing.

All you can do is eat, sleep, workout and academics. You have to signout if you are leaving Bancroft Hall... you have to muster like 3 or 4 times a day, and like 6 on the weekends.
Don't forget the uniform inspection during the musters!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Is the slide still banned? There were a few people who did it my firstie year and wound up right back on restriction.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
if you serve 60 or more consecutive days of restriction, at your last muster, you get flung across the floor by your fellow restrictees.

Its an "Yeah.. I just got off restriction!" celebration. Your whole company and all of your friends are supposed to be there...

The Gooch

FOD Eater
pilot
TheBubba said:
if you serve 60 or more consecutive days of restriction, at your last muster, you get flung across the floor by your fellow restrictees.

Its an "Yeah.. I just got off restriction!" celebration. Your whole company and all of your friends are supposed to be there...

And then if you are a Restriction All-Star (ahem...ahem), you get a cool sweater! And of course, I wear it proudly still to this day to events like FB games in Naptown, Army/Navy, and really anything that there might be people who would be complaining about their "4 years". I loved it! Even if I spent 2 Thanksgivings, a Christmas, a New Years Eve, and a Spring Break in Mother B.

A little side note: of the 10 mids in my company's graduating class, the two of us with a combined 500 or so demerits, are flying Hornets and Harriers, respectively. Now, if you REALLY want jets, go get fried......:icon_tong

petescheu

2 majors, a minor, zero demerits, zero days of restriction, and one tour (totally unaffiliated with my fries) that my whole company had to march together the Friday afternoon before the A/N game because our plebes started a huge rumble on another deck during the week and as 1/C we were "accountable." We really loved our Batt O after that, lemme tell ya...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Total Tally:

2 majors (one dismissed) 5 minors, 25 demerits, 15 hrs EMI, 75 days and 2 tours, 2 meetings with the dant and one with the supt.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I had a meeting with the Sup and the Dant once. It was called an "Academic Board" in those days. Seems as though having a semester GPA less than 1.0 is frowned upon. Go figure, right?

I pretty much operated below the radar on the conduct side, though. Not that I never broke any rules, mind you. I'm sure if they'd found out about our 'Rodent UFC' (and the associated gambling), there would have been hell to pay. But I graduated, thus defeating 'Them'.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
Seems as though having a semester GPA less than 1.0 is frowned upon. Go figure, right?

We called that officially joining the Square Root Club (where the square root of your GPA was higher than your...well...GPA)

I wasn't a Annapolis Sailing Club grad, but I did stand in front of the man, day before commissioning hearing about how I can't show up late in the aviation community like I did to just about every NROTC function my 5th year at GT...