• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting Fried

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
A bunch of my buddies and I got fried for "Absuse of Naval Academy Data Network, Minor Affect"... for sending out "mass" emails... 2 tours, 10 demerits, 0 days.

Trumped by NAPS tho... about 80% of my platoon was restricted over spring break for having a "Fight Club". 21 days, 50 demerits, all the EMI you could fit into a week.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Bubba, apparently my NAPS class had you beat, because at one point we had to hold restriction musters in the 1st deck hallway. There wasn't enough room on the quarterdeck, given that there were 28 people who were NOT on restriction.

Other than that little occurance, I stayed well under the radar most of the time. Never marched a tour, either. I even got VAdm Ryan to wave to me from his upstairs window while I was going over the wall one night, too.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Can one up you there, gaijin... we had the battalion on restriction at one point... I mean EVERYONE.

What year, what platoon? 3-2, 2001

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
You're pretty close, ghost. Except at USNA, they march in the uniform of the day (read: shirt and tie).

Bubba, I was there in 98-99, over in 1-1.

KBayDog

It's both a punishment and a motivational tool - just like in the "real" military. If someone doesn't want to play by the rules, the skipper simply takes away what generally matters most: Liberty and pay.

phrogpilot73

Only time I got fried - "Failure to perform a duty" and "Failure to correct a discrepancy." I was the senior guy around when an underage youngster was drinking. I didn't even know who the guy was, or that he was underage. Boom - got maxed, 30 days, 24 tours, 30 demerits, 3 months LOL... They adjudicated me the last day of exams. No Christmas leave for me!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Heh... For my NAPS offense, we orginally got 14 days... last muster was supposed to be noon the day we got let loose for spring break... that morning, we get called into the CO's office. He hands us each a letter from the DEP Dant at USNA... Says "yadda yadda yadda... 21 days from original adjudication yadda yadda yadda" which now means our last muster is 2230 the day BEFORE spring break leave expires.

Also, got nailed for a legit offese at USNA, and got adjudicated 0700 the morning of spring break. Only reason I found out about the adjudication: My LT decided to stay late that night for some reason.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
You're pretty close, ghost. Except at USNA, they march in the uniform of the day (read: shirt and tie).

There's no tie anymore. The got rid of it in WWB.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
You're shitting me. I absolutely despise wearing a tie in general, but that ridiculous tiny knot with the tie tucked into the shirt was just plain stupid. Lucky for the mids there now, I guess.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
My worst offense: Being part of the lucky original 77 mids that had their computers confiscated by Ward Hall for downloading music, movies, etc. They can't fry us all? Yeah right!! 45 days restriction, 20 tours, 3 months loss of leave and 6 months loss of privileges. I don't even remember how many demerits, I stopped counting, but I do remember losing $800 in a Spring Break package to Jamaica that I wasn't able to go on with my friends. Pretty good feit, though, considering we crashed the entire data network for that day. We also made T-shirts for all of the guys on Restriction with us that Spring break. It ended up being close to 120 people!! Ahhh.... thank god they burn your academy record when you graduate.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I remember that whole fiasco a few years ago... they got a buch of the firsties in my Co, and that coupled with a few other things almost (or did.. i can't remember) got one separated...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
They came to one of my friends' room to confiscate his computer our firstie year. Having recently finished his NL 400 class, he replied with, "Got a letter from the CO? No? Come back with one, and you can have my computer." They realized that he was actually right, and while they were gone, he wiped everything. He got slammed worse than anyone else, but still graduated. He attrited from the SNA pipeline, and is now making BANK working on the DDX project.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
During plebe summer we were told that they wanted us to write WHATEVER we were feeling for that day in our thought of the day. They told us it couldn't be used against us, but I found out that was not exactly true. On a particularly bad day I wrote IHTFP v/r, and got fried. I got 10 tours and I dont remember how many demerits. The demerits went away after plebe summer, and the tours weren't actually all that bad in the midst of plebe summer. Lesson learned.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Had a companymate that got 10 days for "insubordination" and a UA...

He missed formation b/c one of my idiot classmates was attempting to chew by buddy a new one and my buddy replies "Go fvck yourself man... I gotta get to formation"... needlees to say, he was late for formation, and the idiot classmate fried him.