• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting dropped from OCS

eahmed4

I don't wanna be that negative guy, but if you were to get dropped from OCS due to not meeting standards or something of that nature, do you have the option to enlist at that point?

eahmed4

Officers and Enlisted have the same physical standards
i wasnt exactly referring to physical standards. I mean like not meeting performing adequately in academics or leadership or something like that. And they determine you are not officer material, at that point, could you switch over to enlisted at that point?

AULANI

i wasnt exactly referring to physical standards. I mean like not meeting performing adequately in academics or leadership or something like that. And they determine you are not officer material, at that point, could you switch over to enlisted at that point?
I'm sure you could, it just won't happen right away. But you'll be expected to be a leader as an enlisted guy too so...

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
At one point in time I had a squadronmate (enlisted) who claimed to have dropped by the academy, His explanation was that uncle had invested money in his training and expected him to serve out his contract. His claims where taken with a bit of salt, said Marine had a reputation as a lousy barracks lawyer

exNavyOffRec

At one point in time I had a squadronmate (enlisted) who claimed to have dropped by the academy, His explanation was that uncle had invested money in his training and expected him to serve out his contract. His claims where taken with a bit of salt, said Marine had a reputation as a lousy barracks lawyer

I served with several who were either USNA or NROTC drops, all were in their last 2 years, because they had their education paid they owed time, I believe most were due to grades, at least one was dropped due to alcohol offense. The worst one was a friend I went through the nuke pipeline with, he was dropped from NROTC and sent enlisted in what would have been the last semester of his degree (Electrical Engineering) due to grades.

If you fail out of OCS almost everyone goes home, I have only known 1 that was sent enlisted after OCS, I also know of one person who was a CPO that went to OCS and dropped and was sent back to the fleet as a CPO.

GA20

It is definitely not unheard of to have someone from the Academy who was dropped junior/senior year given the option to serve enlisted or pay back roughly $180,000 for their education.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I served with several who were either USNA or NROTC drops, all were in their last 2 years, because they had their education paid they owed time, I believe most were due to grades, at least one was dropped due to alcohol offense. The worst one was a friend I went through the nuke pipeline with, he was dropped from NROTC and sent enlisted in what would have been the last semester of his degree (Electrical Engineering) due to grades.

If you fail out of OCS almost everyone goes home, I have only known 1 that was sent enlisted after OCS, I also know of one person who was a CPO that went to OCS and dropped and was sent back to the fleet as a CPO.

I know two from my time at OCS who went enlisted. One was tired of getting yelled at by the DIs and RDCs so she thought it would be easier to be enlisted. The other just couldn't hack it and DOR'd and was then forced to pay the Navy back. Both were NUPOC accessions and were getting E7 pay; not sure why they thought being enlisted would be better.

When I got NPQ'd they gave me the option of a medical discharge, but I didn't owe the Navy money. I guess if you owe the Navy money, your ass is going to Great Lakes.

exNavyOffRec

I know two from my time at OCS who went enlisted. One was tired of getting yelled at by the DIs and RDCs so she thought it would be easier to be enlisted. The other just couldn't hack it and DOR'd and was then forced to pay the Navy back. Both were NUPOC accessions and were getting E7 pay; not sure why they thought being enlisted would be better.

When I got NPQ'd they gave me the option of a medical discharge, but I didn't owe the Navy money. I guess if you owe the Navy money, your ass is going to Great Lakes.

The 1 at OCS that was sent home was the same situation as you owed the USN money. There were a few others that were dropped from OCS in the NUPOC or BDCP program who were sent home as it was a medical issue and they were found to be NPQ for continued service.