• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Generation Kill

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
surfthechannel.com has episodes 2-5 now, so it looks like I've got some catching up to do. Episode 1 seems to have been removed.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
They took the episodes down off that site after I managed to get through two episodes. Considering I don't have HBO, anyone have another link where I can catch up on this series?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think there is more than a fair amount of BS as the seasons progress. They got the interaction of Marines down (the reporter saw that) but I dont think he was privy to conversations between a Platoon Commander and a Company Commander. I was pretty disapointed in this recent episode in that regard, it wasnt very well done nor probably very accurate. As the credits were rolling they had a dialogie explaining the banter of the previsou episodes

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
With regards to the command bird (huey) in the show...that isn't accurate is it... wouldn't they be in a gray UH-1N? I guess they couldn't secure that kind of asset during the filming in S. Africa. --closest rotors would be in Djibouti right? It looks like a restored Vietnam-era huey. Any info?

dephyler

Contributor
but I dont think he was privy to conversations between a Platoon Commander and a Company Commander.

I'm reading the articles concurrent to watching the episodes, and the show is essentially verbatim, with a tweak. Dialogue between characters in the show is often a meshing of independent interviews conducted by the reporter with each person.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
With regards to the command bird (huey) in the show...that isn't accurate is it... wouldn't they be in a gray UH-1N? I guess they couldn't secure that kind of asset during the filming in S. Africa. --closest rotors would be in Djibouti right? It looks like a restored Vietnam-era huey. Any info?

Yes, it's an old "one holer" Huey/Bell 205. Clearly a civil aircraft with non period gloss grey paint job rented/leased for the production of the series - since it's the same aircraft everytime.With the expense of a helo, the producers were likely happy with "close enough" technically. The UH-1H/Bell 205 is a lot different visually than a UH-1N/Bell 212.