• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FYI: USMC Captain Recognition Bonus (MarAdmin 611/08)

Clux4

Banned
Actually, they're signing another contract. (at least I did when I took the reserve bonus - and it was more than $4K) If they can find some retard to add that they will still be eligible for ACP, then if they aren't - USMC = breech and they can get out free and clear.

No one will put their name to a piece of paper, because they know it's a gamble. Maybe you like to throw 20K down for a #1 ranked team to cover a three point spread, but I don't.

How much is Reserve Bonus?
(too lazy to search)

Clux4

Banned
They came out with a revision to the order. I suggest you look at it.
Not a bad idea. Just be certain you can live with the consequences of taking such a bait.

theduke

Yeah, read the revision...didn't see anything other than just opening it to some more MOS. Did I miss something?

I'm not worried about the additional year so much as loss of leverage with the monitor. It's probably a moot point--I think I want to stay around for 20, but I like having options, you know?

At any rate, the way I read it, it sounds pretty clear to me that you can pay it back to buy out your contract if something came up and you really wanted to get out without spending that additional year. Am I understanding it correctly? I mean, why else would they include the part about paying it back if you fail to complete your additional year of service, or paying back a pro-rated amount if you fail to complete any portion of that year?

theduke

any more insight or comments? I need to figure out if I'm gonna take this deal or not, as I'll be rotating out of the combat zone very shortly.

Clux4

Banned
If you seriously considering it, take it. I came home recently and did not take it. Obviously, you are ready for what may come down the road for non-aviation guys like us.

Raptor2216

Well, I went ahead and took the bonus today. I'm a Capt. select and about to start up the Harrier RAG. They "got" me for a long time to come and I do think the 20 year deal makes sense for the pilot types even if there is some ass pain involved. I can't imagine a better deal out in the civilian world...but I could be wrong. I'm going to go ahead and throw it into some risky stocks and see how it does.