• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 STA-21 Message/Application

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
I tried this program twice when I was active. I thought I was pretty competitive but the people who usually get selected from this program (besides nuke) were much more competitive than I was. After 2 tries, I thought about reenlist and giving another shot but I decided to get out and finish my degree with the GI Bill and aim for OCS, which I still think probably the smartest decision I've ever made because OCS has more seats and frequencies while the STA-21 happens only once a year and is ridiculously competitive. I still recommend to try while you're active but if you don't make it and still want to be an officer, I highly recommend to follow my routine unless you're thinking about LDO or CWO.

I was in the same boat as you (no pun intended) many years ago.

Back in 2010, I had vied to apply for the STA-21 program as a prospective NFO Option Candidate. By the time I got most of the required documents on my Admin Department’s desk (around July, while aboard the G-Dub during my 2nd WESTPAC Cruise), I missed the deadline. I was devastated.

10 years fast forward, I am now on my way to OCS with a Pilot Option Contract. Guess everything happens for a reason.

Jessica De Gree

Selected for Pilot. I was an alternate for CORE last year, this was my second time applying. I just wanted to post and say thank you to those that have posted in this forum. Over the last few years I used many of the ASTB guides and read how to improve my chances of being selected. I'm willing to share my personal statement or any advice I can, just send me a message.
Would you be willing to share your personal statement