• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

OperationChungus

pilot
Still waiting on MEPs as well. My recruiter hasn't finished up on the medical paperwork yet and although October 28th feels like a long time from now, the September deadline seems awfully close!

swmonroe88

pilot
When are ya'll looking to go? @swmonroe88 I think you said not until first of the year?
Anyone else still have to finish school? I don't graduate until May and THAT wait is killing me lol

Yup, I've got a semester left (graduate in Dec.) in my undergrad, so the earliest I'd be in Newport would be after the holidays. Honestly, given my age (31 in Nov., so cutting pinning Ensign fairly close if there is any type of substantial wait to go to OCS) and wanting to avoid taking a full time job just to quit, I'm really hoping I get a date somewhere in the late January/early February time frame.

MockingbirdT

Yup, I've got a semester left (graduate in Dec.) in my undergrad, so the earliest I'd be in Newport would be after the holidays. Honestly, given my age (31 in Nov., so cutting pinning Ensign fairly close if there is any type of substantial wait to go to OCS) and wanting to avoid taking a full time job just to quit, I'm really hoping I get a date somewhere in the late January/early February time frame.
Got to get selected before you get a date.

swmonroe88

pilot
Heck I'm not even that worried about the "get selected" part. I'm more worried about the "waiting on MEPS" part

How long has your prescreen been in for? I submitted ~100 pages of my prior service medical records for review and it took about 3 weeks or so to hear back and get cleared to take my physical. Technically according to USMEPCOM, the prescreen shouldn't take more than 30 working days, but it seems to generally take however long MEPS seems fit.

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Applying to this board hopefully and also throwing the hat in with the Coast Guard too. All depends on when I can go to MEPS after my LASIK wait period expires in August.

Applying SNA only
OAR 57
AQR 7
PFAR 6
FOFAR 6
GPA 3.8ish International Studies
Age 23
Sex M
No prior service