• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

cinnamon

Y’all need to relax, there’s a reason I didn’t chime in till I heard something. Nothing is quick with the military, this is standard. You have to hurry up and wait, and that especially applies to flying.

the worse thing you can do is get all worried over this. We are quite lucky, the navy needs bodies in planes badly right now. Make it your ten years then go to an airline, especially around then they will really need people if this economy keeps going steady.

don’t let others make you go insane over an email. Live your life.

cinnamon

Y’all need to relax, there’s a reason I didn’t chime in till I heard something. Nothing is quick with the military, this is standard. You have to hurry up and wait, and that especially applies to flying.

the worse thing you can do is get all worried over this. We are quite lucky, the navy needs bodies in planes badly right now. Make it your ten years then go to an airline, especially around then they will really need people if this economy keeps going steady.

cinnamon

cinnamon

You my friend are a vibe killer. It’s not that serious! No one is actually loosing their shit ? #ChillChill some of the vets on here know what the Navy is all about.
#FakeNews

DefiningFire

I don't think most of us are really that worried as much as we are just anxious. No one is going insane, but obviously we are going to want to converse over a potentially life-altering moment and the wait to get there. If anything, our "vibe checks" and meme-ing are our best ways for coping and creating an enjoyable experience and entrance for some of us who are entering into the Navy for the first time.

Don't kill the vibe, roll with it.

1812TC

Well let’s not crucify them for trying to keep everyone calm, but yes most of the people joking about the anxiety are also vets/priors, so we more than understand hurry up and wait.
you are extremely lucky if your still in a cockpit after those ten years.
And you are not wrong with this statement. But after 8-10 years it has so much more to do than flying, it’s being in command and understanding flying.
The best way I can describe this is truck drivers (essentially) becoming the enlisted command element for SOF and trying to dictate their roles. Doesn’t make sense. Same as a communications officer running an infantry regiment, wouldn’t make sense right? So you need those in charge to fully understand your capabilities and adaptability it to what employ that unit / joint unit at whatever level.

swmonroe88

pilot
you are extremely lucky if your still in a cockpit after those ten years.

Not really a good assessment, generally speaking if you stick to the career timeline, by 10 years you'll be in the chute for a division head tour at a deployable squadron where you will most definitley be flying... for the sake of disclosure, this would be on the backside of a disassociated sea tour where you may or may not be flying. This information is pretty readily available on here and elsewhere.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Not really a good assessment, generally speaking if you stick to the career timeline, by 10 years you'll be in the chute for a division head tour at a deployable squadron where you will most definitley be flying... for the sake of disclosure, this would be on the backside of a disassociated sea tour where you may or may not be flying. This information is pretty readily available on here and elsewhere.
sorry to change the subject but what position do you play in hockey?