• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 STA-21 Applicants

SiegeMT

I just wanted to chime in about the first review, I received a msg underneath that box because they overlooked something so it actually had been reviewed but never changed to a "1" so don't worry. MHasty, are you doing ASU online EE? If I don't get selected this year or next I'm going to have to start on my BS through them and would love to chat about that program.

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant
I just wanted to chime in about the first review, I received a msg underneath that box because they overlooked something so it actually had been reviewed but never changed to a "1" so don't worry. MHasty, are you doing ASU online EE? If I don't get selected this year or next I'm going to have to start on my BS through them and would love to chat about that program.
Hey, Siege! Yeah, I'm in the online EE program with ASU. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. It is no joke....don't let people convince you it is. I had to buy and learn how to operate a digital oscilloscope w/ waveforms software, ltspice software, MATLAB, loggerpro, etc. And I have drawers full of IC chips, transistors, resistors, OpAmps, capacitors, etc. You can PM me or just ask your questions on the forum...there are several other people on here either in the program or were online students that transitioned into on-campus students. Good luck!

cbk412

So I have been looking to apply to schools to have letters in hand in case of selection. Should I be applying for spring, summer, or fall semester? Also, don't most OC's from STA-21 start their classes during the summer? Or have some in the fall? It looks like it's difficult to reconcile STA-21 deadlines with collegiate ones.

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant
So I have been looking to apply to schools to have letters in hand in case of selection. Should I be applying for spring, summer, or fall semester? Also, don't most OC's from STA-21 start their classes during the summer? Or have some in the fall? It looks like it's difficult to reconcile STA-21 deadlines with collegiate ones.
Short answer: You would be applying for the Summer semester (per instruction and because you will need to report to the NROTC unit after leaving NSI). There are some other circumstances that the website addresses. If selected: I am planning on staying with the same school in which I am already enrolled. However, I have talked to other schools and they have been accepting applications to start next summer since June/July this year.

SiegeMT

Adding onto that, if you email their NROTC or admissions and let them know your an applicant for STA-21 they usually will email you when they want your application because they have to process all of them earlier than other students usually.

cbk412

Any core selects or those knowledgeable about it in this thread? I read in some of the previous threads that pretty much all core selects are being steered to nukes and it is being used as a non-pipeline recruitment. That being said, what happens when you get selected core and you aren't attending one of the nuke approved schools?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Any core selects or those knowledgeable about it in this thread? I read in some of the previous threads that pretty much all core selects are being steered to nukes and it is being used as a non-pipeline recruitment. That being said, what happens when you get selected core and you aren't attending one of the nuke approved schools?
I am a core select. I go to a non-nuke school. They won't necessarily FORCE you to be a nuke, but you will have to go through service assignment. Service assignment typically comes back nuke if you are qualified for the job.

If you're a non-technical major with marginal Calculus and Physics grades you don't have anything to worry about.

If you're the opposite, be prepared. I've witnessed a lot of MIDN getting selected nuke against their will because of good grades and a technical degree. You can always turn it down, however, if you TRULY don't want to go.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll be fine either way. Good luck!