• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 STA-21 Applicants

Sarah Clark

Hi Everyone!
I have not posted on this forum before, but I have been on here frequently during the last year, while working on my STA 21 package. I greatly appreciate and am thankful for all the resources that have been posted both on this thread and the ASTB threads. I am sure that some of my success was due to finding and using these resources. I applied for pilot/ core and was chosen for one of the pilot slots this year! Thanks again.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Hi Everyone!
I have not posted on this forum before, but I have been on here frequently during the last year, while working on my STA 21 package. I greatly appreciate and am thankful for all the resources that have been posted both on this thread and the ASTB threads. I am sure that some of my success was due to finding and using these resources. I applied for pilot/ core and was chosen for one of the pilot slots this year! Thanks again.
Mind sharing a copy of your package for those of us that weren't selected?

Sarah Clark

I can do that. Is there an easy way to do that on here? I am assuming I just add the file to the post. It will have to wait a few days because I am currently stuck on a boat near Puerto Rico and my package is at home, and we have absolutely no idea when we are going home.

SiegeMT

Agreed on the continuing onward with college. I know this isn't exactly a science but applying for a 1 of 1 spot and not being an alternate means it's likely you can finish your degree prior to selection. Of course it's a huge pain doing it with Navy full time but why wait if you don't have to.

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Agreed on the continuing onward with college. I know this isn't exactly a science but applying for a 1 of 1 spot and not being an alternate means it's likely you can finish your degree prior to selection. Of course it's a huge pain doing it with Navy full time but why wait if you don't have to.
I hear that! This next year, I could devote the huge chunks of energy I would spend preparing (and worrying about) another package towards a couple extra classes and graduate in the first half of 2019. Spending a few months getting yelled at in OCS sounds preferable to spending half a year to see if you drew the long straw. I would like to have seen the stats for the either of the BU1's that made the cut. Part of me wishes that I could have applied for CORE.....but I am going to knock out this degree and attack that CEC OCS package with a vengeance!

Congratulations, AM2 Clark! :D

Dsitarski

Congratulations to all the selects and alternates. If any of you would like some information about applications, college placement or other STA21 information, contact me. I was a FY16 Core select and FY15 alternate. I'm currently at UCLA. Congrats to all of you.

Sitarskida@gmail.com

Sarah Clark

I hear that! This next year, I could devote the huge chunks of energy I would spend preparing (and worrying about) another package towards a couple extra classes and graduate in the first half of 2019. Spending a few months getting yelled at in OCS sounds preferable to spending half a year to see if you drew the long straw. I would like to have seen the stats for the either of the BU1's that made the cut. Part of me wishes that I could have applied for CORE.....but I am going to knock out this degree and attack that CEC OCS package with a vengeance!

Thank you!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
but I am going to knock out this degree and attack that CEC OCS package with a vengeance!

Consider applyng for CECP if you are within 18 months of graduation. Talk to your local officer recruiter to get more information.

For those of you that didn't make it, look at the score sheet I posted to this forum and complete the items on that list. They WILL get you selected.

exNavyOffRec

Consider applyng for CECP if you are within 18 months of graduation. Talk to your local officer recruiter to get more information.

For those of you that didn't make it, look at the score sheet I posted to this forum and complete the items on that list. They WILL get you selected.

OR's can no longer work with USN AD or reserve, they go through their command.

Khiaro Promise

I'm the FY 18 CEC alternate, and the primary selectee is a good friend of mine also at the same command as me. As for getting a CEC selection you damn near have to be finished with your degree. I have a degree plan that shows I can finish the degree requirement in 6 semesters and so does Chris Kelly. I have up to Calc 3 completed and I believe Kelly does as well. In the end it all comes down to CO's endorsement and personal statement in my opinion. This was my 3rd application. 1st year I applied for EOD/Core, resulted in a core alternate. The next year I applied CEC/Core and nothing but Kelly was the CEC alternate. This year I applied CEC/Core and I was selected as the alternate for CEC. I'm certainly applying next year and hope to add a physics and statics grade to my package. What command are you with and what's your rate if you don't mind me asking?

SiegeMT

Wow, small Navy message boards lol. I'm glad someone brought up the collegiate program because that's what I'm working towards while I put STA-21 CEC packages in. Just got a call from ASU Online so I'll be starting with them too come January (Thanks Hasty). I'm at the point that I've finished all the math and physics I can at community college with my work schedule (I only need Diff Eq., Lin Alg, Physics 3). Congrats on your alternate selections BU1 I'm sure if your package is still strong next year you'll be set, if not you can always try the Collegiate program also by the time results come out (I think?)

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant
I'm the FY 18 CEC alternate, and the primary selectee is a good friend of mine also at the same command as me. As for getting a CEC selection you damn near have to be finished with your degree. I have a degree plan that shows I can finish the degree requirement in 6 semesters and so does Chris Kelly. I have up to Calc 3 completed and I believe Kelly does as well. In the end it all comes down to CO's endorsement and personal statement in my opinion. This was my 3rd application. 1st year I applied for EOD/Core, resulted in a core alternate. The next year I applied CEC/Core and nothing but Kelly was the CEC alternate. This year I applied CEC/Core and I was selected as the alternate for CEC. I'm certainly applying next year and hope to add a physics and statics grade to my package. What command are you with and what's your rate if you don't mind me asking?
Wow, thanks for posting on the board, BU1! Congrats on being selected as alternate! Three times shows dedication, I bet you got it next year. I don't mind at all: I am an LS2 and currently at Navy Personnel Command. After this semester, I only have 15 classes left to get my EE degree. I have my basic stats listed in the signature block (If you are looking at this on a tablet/phone you have to turn it sideways to see it in mobile view). My CO endorsement and interviews were pretty lights out. I believe my personal statement painted a very accurate picture of me. Do you mind me asking what your SAT/ACT scores were?

I didn't realize this program was open to AD until Siege asked me about it. I work in a different building than the CEC Accessions Officers, but I will try to schedule a meeting and definitely pass anything I learn about the Collegiate Program on to you, Siege.

Last edited:

SiegeMT

Appreciate it Hasty, I'm further behind you but definitely think I'll approach eligibility sooner rather than later. There should be a "conditional release from active duty" that applies to active duty selected to that program but I'm sure those folks will know much more (online info is sparse).

exNavyOffRec

Wow, thanks for posting on the board, BU1! Congrats on being selected as alternate! Three times shows dedication, I bet you got it next year. I don't mind at all: I am an LS2 and currently at Navy Personnel Command. After this semester, I only have 15 classes left to get my EE degree. I have my basic stats listed in the signature block (If you are looking at this on a tablet/phone you have to turn it sideways to see it in mobile view). My CO endorsement and interviews were pretty lights out. I believe my personal statement painted a very accurate picture of me. Do you mind me asking what your SAT/ACT scores were?

I didn't realize this program was open to AD until Siege asked me about it. I work in a different building than the CEC Accessions Officers, but I will try to schedule a meeting and definitely pass anything I learn about the Collegiate Program on to you, Siege.

They might have changed the requirements recently, if so that would open up some options, but in the past they would not select any AD for this program, it was only civilians and drilling reservist, the reason was AD have the STA-21 option, and after STA-21 they have OCS.

@RUFiO181 probably could shed better light on this.

just remember that "available" does not mean it is actual used.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They might have changed the requirements recently, if so that would open up some options, but in the past they would not select any AD for this program, it was only civilians and drilling reservist, the reason was AD have the STA-21 option, and after STA-21 they have OCS.

@RUFiO181 probably could shed better light on this.

just remember that "available" does not mean it is actual used.

Concur. Not to mention, CEC Collegiate is E-3 + BAH pay, hard for an E-5 or E-6 essentially lose alot of money.