• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 Supply DCO

Lockup

Lockup/TheAperturist,

Has your OR given the go ahead to submit for a second year in a row? May I ask what "changes" you made for this time around? I had to press hard to get my OR (new OR) to at least consider the changes I made since August. I sent an email with my updated resume last week and haven't heard back yet.

Good luck!

I haven't gotten any push back. My stats are pretty good and I think I just fell short in some areas in my package. I have a new OR this time and he is giving me some great advice on how to make the package better. However I have completed Air Command and Staff college since last go around plus I have another year of contracting and supervisor experience.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I haven't gotten any push back. My stats are pretty good and I think I just fell short in some areas in my package. I have a new OR this time and he is giving me some great advice on how to make the package better. However I have completed Air Command and Staff college since last go around plus I have another year of contracting and supervisor experience.
Sounds like just the thing to help your kit rise to the top. Here's hoping the best for you!

Lockup

Sounds like just the thing to help your kit rise to the top. Here's hoping the best for you!

Ha here's hoping. I was pretty bummed last year and more than a couple of people were scratching their heads as to how it didn't happen last year.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Ha here's hoping. I was pretty bummed last year and more than a couple of people were scratching their heads as to how it didn't happen last year.
Well, it's not as though the process is transparent/audit-able. So from the outside, that just makes it seem as if there's no rhyme or reason.

Lockup

Well, it's not as though the process is transparent/audit-able. So from the outside, that just makes it seem as if there's no rhyme or reason.

Yeah it is a bit frustrating when they say you have to improve on yourself to resubmit but you don't know where you fell short the last time. With no real feedback how do you know where to improve yourself? I am fortunate that I already do Government contracting so I have some built in improvements.

TheAperturist

Lockup/TheAperturist,

Has your OR given the go ahead to submit for a second year in a row? May I ask what "changes" you made for this time around? I had to press hard to get my OR (new OR) to at least consider the changes I made since August. I sent an email with my updated resume last week and haven't heard back yet.

Good luck!

More officer interviews, more LORs, updated resume etc. Yes, I have the go-ahead.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Awesome, I have a new OR and am receiving push back on re-submission. I'm making some updates where I can and we'll see what they say. I'm even considering enlisting to at least start my service and then perhaps that may lead to a commission down the road, I have time until I age out. Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

Awesome, I have a new OR and am receiving push back on re-submission. I'm making some updates where I can and we'll see what they say. I'm even considering enlisting to at least start my service and then perhaps that may lead to a commission down the road, I have time until I age out. Good luck!

not sure of your stats but it could be the OR doesn't feel you would be competitive so is trying to push back in hopes you lose interest or just go back and improve your application stats.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Civilian, no prior service work in Supply/Logistics/Contracting for a local utility (10+ yrs of total experience). Bachelor's (Business) and Master's degrees (Finance) with respectable GPA's. Have 4 LOR's from 2 VPs @ Fortune 500 companies, 1 retired O7, and Pastor of my church. Had 2 interviews with O5's both commented favorably.

I switched jobs just before my package was submitted to the board last year, so I am hoping that more experience at the new job along with new LOR from current boss (former O3) will be enough for the new recruiter to allow me to resubmit. Otherwise, not sure what next step is.
Your recent comments got my attention so I wanted to review your background. I have sat this board and also converse with an admiral very, very close to the direction of this board...and I am a Supply Corps DCO myself, commissioned back in 2007. Here's my feedback for you:

- Expected selection number is 20 for this board. That has been the gouge for months now, straight from the Flag Wardroom.
- You have the correct kind of education, both undergrad and masters degrees. You didn't specify GPA, though, and where they are from. At the board, members will absolutely look directly at your transcripts, hence the reason I am asking.
- Your LOR's are fine but not the main thing and most important. Your interviews are huge. You really want to get in front of an O-6 Captain, Supply Corps, Reserve. Getting an active duty Supply Corps interview holds VERY little weight because they don't ask the questions required and don't understand the "3-legged-stool" of being in the Reserve. (Civilian job, family, Reserve job) An interviewer who can capture that gut feel from an applicant that they are a good fit is crucial. Plus, our community is small and it is very likely that those sitting the board will know the ones giving interviews and heck, may have even written the interview and be sitting the board. I would shoot for one or two O-6 interviews or one O-5 and one O-6...both Supply Corps Reserve. My personal opinion? Nothing has more weight than this.
- Make sure your resume highlights leadership AND supply-centric experience with quantitative numbers. Be specific with what you have done. Quantify it.

Other than that, you look like a solid applicant. The competition will be fierce so build the best possible package you can.

PapaK

Age 38
Project Management Professional (PMI)
Applied Project Management Certificate
MBA - International Managment
MA - International Relation
BA- International Relations

Been at this process for too damned long. Hoping for a selection.

Lockup

Enlisting may be a good option as well. I thought about it to keep the clock going but they wanted to toss me back to E3 because I had been out for 10 years.

Enlisting may be a good option as well. I thought about it to keep the clock going but they wanted to toss me back to E3 because I had been out for 10 years.
I was not selected last Supply board and decided to re-enlist. Was out 10 years but between education and experience plus a letter I wrote they waived the break in service "demote." Kept E5. Been drilling since Oct as an IT2. :) Just FYI. It's been fun so far and worth it.

Lockup

I was not selected last Supply board and decided to re-enlist. Was out 10 years but between education and experience plus a letter I wrote they waived the break in service "demote." Kept E5. Been drilling since Oct as an IT2. :) Just FYI. It's been fun so far and worth it.

Really?? Interesting that option was not given to me. The guy I talked to simply asked me how long I had been out (would have been about 12) and then said they would knock me back to E3 from E5. Ironically I was an IT2 as well. I thought the whole thing was dumb anyway. I have a Master's degree what would make them think I want to be knocked back to an E3 and I went from and ET3 to an IT2 because of my IT certificates and experience I had at the time.

ACO

- Your LOR's are fine but not the main thing and most important. Your interviews are huge. You really want to get in front of an O-6 Captain, Supply Corps, Reserve. Getting an active duty Supply Corps interview holds VERY little weight because they don't ask the questions required and don't understand the "3-legged-stool" of being in the Reserve. (Civilian job, family, Reserve job) An interviewer who can capture that gut feel from an applicant that they are a good fit is crucial. Plus, our community is small and it is very likely that those sitting the board will know the ones giving interviews and heck, may have even written the interview and be sitting the board. I would shoot for one or two O-6 interviews or one O-5 and one O-6...both Supply Corps Reserve. My personal opinion? Nothing has more weight than this.
Is everyone able to get in front of an O-6 Captain, Supply Corps, Reserve? My OR doesn't believe that it is practical and that two Commanders will be sufficient. I have stated that I am willing to travel for interviews and I want to make sure that I have the best package possible. I'm not sure how hard I should push back on this. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I can contact or direct my OR to?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Does anyone have any recommendations on who I can contact or direct my OR to?
Where are you in the country? As for a CAPT interview, it DOES matter. Ideally, you should get at least one. This is coming straight from the Senior Supply Officers in the community.