• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 board schedule

ruby416

Does anyone know when the board schedule will come out for FY13? Or when the first board normally taking place for the new FY? Many thanks!

Lucy

Just as a clarification, the schedule will be labled as the FY12 OCS Board schedule since the boards will meet during FY12, however, they will be selecting for FY13.

Normally, the schedule is out in June/July with a board in October, but since the schedule isn't out yet likely boards will be convening later.

GreenLantern330

Just as a clarification, the schedule will be labled as the FY12 OCS Board schedule since the boards will meet during FY12, however, they will be selecting for FY13.

Normally, the schedule is out in June/July with a board in October, but since the schedule isn't out yet likely boards will be convening later.

Yaaaayyyyyyy :(

Lucy

Tell me about it. :-P

Part of it is also that the fall boards are normally selecting about 38% for current fy (FY12 in this case) but since the current FY is full, there is less need/time constraint to have the boards.

ruby416

Tell me about it. :-P

Part of it is also that the fall boards are normally selecting about 38% for current fy (FY12 in this case) but since the current FY is full, there is less need/time constraint to have the boards.
Lucy,
Thanks for your info. The reason I asked was because I received the email from fleet processor today regarding the Aug board for SC, he said since there was an unsheduled SC board taken place in 25th July, they selected the last 13 slots for FY12....:( He also said the upcoming board is not set yet (I was considering the nxt board will be for FY13 since he said all the slots for FY12 been taken?)

Lucy

Sure, and yes most, if not all boards, should be selecting for FY13 whenever they happen (excluding August which should be finishing off FY12 for the other desginators).

ruby416

Sure, and yes most, if not all boards, should be selecting for FY13 whenever they happen (excluding August which should be finishing off FY12 for the other desginators).
I am at the where I need to choose orders and about transfer in 6months time... According to instruction that I can not transfer until the result comes out as select/non-select.... I just wondering when the nxt board will happening........guess everything is still up in the air....lol....

Surfacewarrior

I am at the where I need to choose orders and about transfer in 6months time... According to instruction that I can not transfer until the result comes out as select/non-select.... I just wondering when the nxt board will happening........guess everything is still up in the air....lol....
I can almost guarentee that your detailer will not care. I referenced that paragraph and my detailer told me that if he didnt transfer people who had officer pacakges in, nobody would transfer... I am currently on sea duty. It turned out to be a blessing in disguse because I now have the opportunity to be an LPO at sea. I just wouldnt get your hopes up that your detailer are going to keep you where your at.

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board

Ruby,
I was in the same boat... I sent my package in Dec 2011 thinking that a board would happen Apr 11, no go due to budget cuts.... And then they said the board wouldnt happen til Aug 2011.... However I was due to transfer in July....When i got in my window for orders my detailer (IT) I called to let them know I submitted a package and they told me immediately that I could not pick orders, however he did pencil me in orders if I were not selected. August came and I got selected and I called them to let them know I could not fulfill those Sept 2011 orders. They were very nice and wished me well... I guess it all depends on your detailer...:)

ruby416

Ruby,
I was in the same boat... I sent my package in Dec 2011 thinking that a board would happen Apr 11, no go due to budget cuts.... And then they said the board wouldnt happen til Aug 2011.... However I was due to transfer in July....When i got in my window for orders my detailer (IT) I called to let them know I submitted a package and they told me immediately that I could not pick orders, however he did pencil me in orders if I were not selected. August came and I got selected and I called them to let them know I could not fulfill those Sept 2011 orders. They were very nice and wished me well... I guess it all depends on your detailer...:)
Hi Prissy,
my detailer gave me one of the LHD at 32nd St, without the 9months window open up, I already became needs of the Navy already(long story, current command had to cut my shore duty time due to transition), so I had to get orders......

staff03

If the boards held during FY '12 are selecting to fill OCS classes for FY '13, what would happen to someone selected in the upcoming boards that needs to attend OCS before FY '13 begins due to reaching the age limit? Since that person is age critical, would they be squeezed into a class in order to graduate in time?

PRISSY83

Hi Prissy,
my detailer gave me one of the LHD at 32nd St, without the 9months window open up, I already became needs of the Navy already(long story, current command had to cut my shore duty time due to transition), so I had to get orders......

WOW! THATS CRAZY! NEVER HEARD OF THAT!!... i didnt think you became the needs of the navy til the 6month window... :( Hopefully it all works out for you...:)

Lucy

If the boards held during FY '12 are selecting to fill OCS classes for FY '13, what would happen to someone selected in the upcoming boards that needs to attend OCS before FY '13 begins due to reaching the age limit? Since that person is age critical, would they be squeezed into a class in order to graduate in time?

Possibly, but dont count on it.

ruby416

WOW! THATS CRAZY! NEVER HEARD OF THAT!!... i didnt think you became the needs of the navy til the 6month window... :( Hopefully it all works out for you...:)
i know right!! So instead of I have 9 months left untill PRD, they cut 4 months short, so I had only 5 months left....(thats why even my window not open on CMS yet, I already became the needs of the Navy). I also found out I will go to S-2 cranking right away after report to the ship..... lol.....

PRISSY83

i know right!! So instead of I have 9 months left untill PRD, they cut 4 months short, so I had only 5 months left....(thats why even my window not open on CMS yet, I already became the needs of the Navy). I also found out I will go to S-2 cranking right away after report to the ship..... lol.....

oh NO!!! not S-2! i say that cuz i speak from experience, i was a cook for 3years before i got crossed over to IT...!!! its long hours and it seemed no one appreciates you, and whatever u do it seems to be never enough! i moved so fast to crossrate...lol... sorry to hear that, hopefully it wont be long!!:(