• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
-DON'T BUY MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS AND BRING THEM BACK INTO KING HALL
*This is especially bad if done before 1800. Trust me.

That is all. Enjoy the geese turds.

I was there with him, I can vouch for both comments. Monster energy drinks can and will get you into trouble. Also, don't put food on the top shelf of your locker, put it inside a drawer, so when they shake your locker, it doesn't fall out. Geese turds, yup, like one solid land mine, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!

haubby

None
Contributor
I was there with him, I can vouch for both comments. Monster energy drinks can and will get you into trouble. Also, don't put food on the top shelf of your locker, put it inside a drawer, so when they shake your locker, it doesn't fall out. Geese turds, yup, like one solid land mine, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!

And for the love of god ensure your locker is locked.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Well sonofabish, pilot alternate...thats two years in a row for alternate. Just got my admittance to Univeristy of Utah and my YNC back stateside should be faxing off my physical first thing in the AM. That will just leave me with faxing in the acceptance letter and degree plan, hopefully I can get a hold of that today. Hopefully a spot opens up and I will get an opportunity to meet you folks. If not best of luck!

For you prior year selectees, how many alternates ended up at NSI with you? Just curious as to what my odds are.

Keep trying if you didn't make it guys, next year will be number 4 for me :) . One for every year I have been in.

As far as alternates, there were a few! I know at least three in our class in FY08, but I heard as many as 9. Just in our division there were two folks. IT DOES HAPPEN FOR YOU GUYS AND GALS, which is why it's important to finish EVERYTHING that is asked, because good things do happen for those who wait.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I wanted to share a little seemingly silly words of wisdom with the selected heading to NSI:

-DON'T BUY MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS AND BRING THEM BACK INTO KING HALL
*This is especially bad if done before 1800. Trust me.

-If you are a private pilot (or commercial pilot), and you fail a Nav I test, and you're a pilot select, when you go to board and they are screaming "How the hell do you expect to become a pilot in the Navy if you can't navigate!?" Hold your bearing when they start looking dumbfounded at each other after you calmly explain that you are already a pilot. Also, expect to be promoted to DIVO the following week.

That is all. Enjoy the geese turds.

I can only imagine the look on LT Brewers face. HAHA!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I reckon that there will be more alternates called up this year due to the tight timeline...for my sake I hope so. I just emailed Mr. Straton my pg13, my YNC should email my physical in first thing when he comes in as well as my HIV results. Hopefully this will help get me to the top of the alternates list...now I just have to hound some folks at the University of Utah. They have been great so hopefully I can get that paper work today.

On another note, the application process is getting very old :sleep_125

Any folks out there attending the University of Utah? Looks like a beautiful place out there.

NCIT1

I'm an alternate too. It's like we are still waiting for the results. It's better than not being selected at all.

payableondeath6

I reckon that there will be more alternates called up this year due to the tight timeline...for my sake I hope so. I just emailed Mr. Straton my pg13, my YNC should email my physical in first thing when he comes in as well as my HIV results. Hopefully this will help get me to the top of the alternates list...now I just have to hound some folks at the University of Utah. They have been great so hopefully I can get that paper work today.

On another note, the application process is getting very old :sleep_125

Any folks out there attending the University of Utah? Looks like a beautiful place out there.

My husband got picked up and has applied to Utah. We are super excited and really hope to hear back from them SOON! It looks beautiful out there AND we are stoked to try out the awesome skiing!!

AvcAloes

My husband is also applying to Utah. It's not our first choice, because there are a couple colleges that are closer to home for us (up North), but it does look lovely.

robertdm27

Question: has anybody ever heard of STA-21 allowing you to move from the Feb NSI class to the May class? and if so how did you get it done because Ed is telling me its not something they like to do but I need the extra time to complete PRK eye sergery. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Navy_Brat_AT

YESSSS!!!!! BARNETT, ROBERT T FC2 7546 PILOT!!!!!!!! FIRST TRY!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!! I am still out to sea until the end of the month, but my CO announced it over the 1MC while I was on watch and my heart has been racing ever since! BTW, I have been accepted to Texas A&M and will be attending there next year. Anyone else?? I'm sorry I couldn't post sooner, we have been running drills. And to those who were not selected; Don't give up! If it were easy, then everyone would do it. Keep fighting for your dreams!

WELCOME TO AGGILAND....WHOOOP!!!!!! See you next year...

FY09 Selectee OC Jones