• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Navnuke

Mr. Straten,
I know you've probably been asked a million times now, but have you heard when the results are going to be released?

His reply:
A million and one times now. *No, we do not know the release date, still in the chop chain. *We are hoping for 1 Nov. *Good Luck

v/r

Ed Straten
STA-21 Placement Coordinator

Everyone should just go enjoy college football today, NFL tomorrow, watch the Yankees beat the Angels on Monday (or Tuesday because of this rain), get ready for the World Series, set your fantasy roster for football next weekend, maybe actually do a little bit of work at work, and by about game 2 or 3 of the WS, come back here and see that the results still won't be out yet because the frickin' admiral that was supposed to sign them is in NY watching the damn WS because he got free tickets to the game to represent the Navy during opening ceremony and we're still all stuck here watching the game on tv with a laptop on our laps clicking F-5 every 10 seconds waiting for him to get back to work and realize, "oh, I probably should sign this and e-mail it to my yeoman."

Navnuke

Btw, I'm not bitter. Nope.... Not bitter AT ALL!!!!
Another reliable source told me the results will be out this week too. Because of this rainstorm moving across the east, the admiral's golf game has been cancelled, so he'll actually get to sign them.

cbaker

Well since Friday wasn't the day I am hoping for Monday. Oh wait isn't that Labor Day? Being on a ship the days just blend together so I am not sure. If it is I know the Admiral won't be at work to sign it that day. I guess our best hope is for Tuesday.

**Can anyone get ahold of the folder with the message, then we can take it to the Admiral on the golf course on Manday.**

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Wow, I'm surprised to see that the results are not out for this cycle yet. This might not be the best idea out there, but it's not a bad one, so I'll throw it out there.

One of the hang ups I had post selection was getting the college's of choice Acceptance Letters in a timely manner. When I was selected, it was about the second week of October. I believe I had the final acceptance letter about a week before my deadline for a February NSI date, which was December 17, 2007. It was a long drawn out process that took up the majority of your time post selection, and a lot of that was waiting. While it does have minimal fees associated, something to think about is start the ball rolling in those departments.
You can also call the ROTC units, I received a few phone calls as an OC at Hampton University from STA-21 applicants, and knew of a few folks that have done as mentioned above. It will give you at least a head start in the process.

This should not hurt you if in the event you do not get picked up, and even if you are accepted into the school and not the program, most of the time a quick phone call to the academic adviser will straighten everything out. It's constructive use of your time, and aside from the page 13, all you'll have left is to schedule the SNA physical.

Time management is key in college anyway, get a head start now.

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I wasnt trying to work people up. I just remember last year I was about to go to bed and decided to check once more, then started freaking out. Then they were only up here for like 5 minutes before the guy that had control took it down and blocked it because "people should find out from their COs". Personally I would rather know as soon as possible.

When the results come out, will it show up in BUPERS immediately or does BUPERS wait until our CO has told us? I mean, if I happen to miss the results on the site during the 5 minutes they're up, shouldn't I just be able to check BOL?

cbaker

You won't be able to see the results for a couple of days. Basically it will go out in message traffic, they may even update BOL.navy.mil or the STA-21 website and then they will put the NCP.

The NPC website will be the last one to post the message.

Last year they pulled the message off because they could not verify its validity. I am sure it will happen again this year. You may be able to get someone to email it to you. We have a few people that are able to scan all message traffic that is going out. Even the ones for CO's and XO's.

mc6

When the results come out, will it show up in BUPERS immediately or does BUPERS wait until our CO has told us? I mean, if I happen to miss the results on the site during the 5 minutes they're up, shouldn't I just be able to check BOL?

I got picked up as an alternate last year, and BOL was never updated with any info at all.
I found out the results were out on this website on Friday night, then NPC had the message on their page a couple of days later. I actually found out because my husband was underway and I called him to have him tell me the results off message traffic- they had alredy been deleted from AW.
I remember the days leading up to the results, I was refreshing NPC and AW like crazy. Now I know that NPC doesn't get updated right away, and BOL never did (at least for me). Your best bet is to check here. This is where all us "crazies" are :) and they are guaranteed to be here- or at least indication that they're out.

3rdtimer

I've already applied for 2 colleges. In my essay, I made it seem like I was already accepted into STA-21. I figure if I don't get picked up it won't matter what I put in my essay and if I do get picked up then I've got a head start at getting accepted. Do you think admin folk at college's know/care that the results aren't out yet? I doubt it.

cbaker

Why did you have to write an essay for your college? I didn't have to write any essay's and I have been accepted to Iowa State for their Engineering Program.

gjhouston

Why did you have to write an essay for your college? I didn't have to write any essay's and I have been accepted to Iowa State for their Engineering Program.

Must be nice! As a nurse applicant, essays are on every application. University of Illinois had 8 questions that I had to answer at approx 200 words each. It was painful.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I started my online applications but am going to submit everything as well as get my physical done next week. I will only be stateside a bit longer....I was hoping to know whether I needed to or not but it's not looking good in that respect.

How recent does the SNA physical need to be? I completed one in Mid March for my Flying CWO package.

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I took care of my physical in April and have a copy in my safe. I also have my acceptance letters from UofH, Huston Tillotson, and Texas A&M U. My Signed degree plan from TX A&M is on the way. I have a printout of my HIV testing from this year. Aside from signing and having a commssioned witness sign the acceptance pg 13,

what else should I need to submit all required documents as expediantly as possible?

3rdtimer

I had to write 2 statements on how I am going to enrich their campus and what do I want to get out of their school. I have my SNA done too.

I'm really not worried about getting all of this extra stuff into the STA-21 people. That's not the problem. I'm just worried about getting selected. I applied for SWO and Core and I exceed the age requirments for SWO. So I guess my chances went down by 50%. sucks. :eek: