• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

smith1787

Future SNFO
haha this place is becoming more and more somber as hope drains. well at least there is a ton of people watching this board like hawks. its gonna happen soon we've all made it this far in the month. how did everyones internal and external boards go?

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
haha this place is becoming more and more somber as hope drains. well at least there is a ton of people watching this board like hawks. its gonna happen soon we've all made it this far in the month. how did everyones internal and external boards go?

I was really nervous about the external board, but it worked out really well for me. The internal boards were VERY informal. All of the officers on my internal board knew me well and are themselves prior enlisted. Even the people that were on my external board have been asking me about the results. Not all of us can make it, but I know I have people cheering in my corner.

smith1787

Future SNFO
yeah i know the feeling I had the Commanding Officer of the NROTC unit at ODU on my external board. He was an awesome interviewer, and he really took the whole process serious while keeping it comfortable for the couple of us who were applying.

zeroentropy

yeah i know the feeling I had the Commanding Officer of the NROTC unit at ODU on my external board. He was an awesome interviewer, and he really took the whole process serious while keeping it comfortable for the couple of us who were applying.

Who else were you applying with?

OscarMyers

None
I did my internal and external boards with officers outside the command. (No url officers in the command) and i did my COs interview over VTC. that was the first time i ever did a VTC

etspike

Hey, I'm stuck on the '76.

Got off just long enough to eat and pick up my bike. The only nice thing about night shift is plenty of time to troll the boards :).

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
oh haha sorry about that it was two AM2's. AM2 Hogan was one and im not sure about the other.

Hogan, eh? Now I have to be real careful not to get too excited if that name is on the list until I look at the first name... maybe I'll just read the results down the 'last 4' column!

Vectra296

Is anyone else trying to go intel?

I am. Now that they are opening it up to others, I'm hoping to be the first CT to get in via STA-21. The waiting is rough! My husband is Navy also and he's up for orders, so we both are just waiting and waiting... tonight I decided to go back to the begining of the thread. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through and I think it's time to go to bed.

Good Luck to All!

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
Im going for Intel as well, thats what i always wanted to do but this is the first year it was available for me so i applied. next year i will probably do Intel and core.

So for those of you that say you have a perfect package, what exactly is a sure thing? Also, how many people actually saw their board write-ups? Im really just curious if people have packages sent in with marks less than a 10 on the interview sheets.

corko87

Im going for Intel as well, thats what i always wanted to do but this is the first year it was available for me so i applied. next year i will probably do Intel and core.

So for those of you that say you have a perfect package, what exactly is a sure thing? Also, how many people actually saw their board write-ups? Im really just curious if people have packages sent in with marks less than a 10 on the interview sheets.

I'm going for Intel too as an IS2. Both my external and internal boards were all 10s. I don't know this for sure but I would assume that if you were not an IS but you were going for the Intel option you should have a good essay stating clearly why you want to go Intel. Obviously I don't know the competition but if you haven't clearly outlined your reason for desiring a change in community it would only make sense for the board to pick somebody that's already Intel. So in short, hopefully you have a good personal statement of why you want to be an Intel officer.

Oh BTW there is no such thing as a sure thing no matter what anybody says. We have no idea what the board is looking for or what everyone else has submitted. I have great LORs, perfect boards, rated first by my CO and there is a very good chance that I will get passed over just because somebody else has better PT scores, or SAT scores or more advanced math or more sea duty or whatever. My command says its almost guaranteed but lets be honest: its the Navy, nothing is guaranteed.