• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Intel1

FY-10 STA 21 Core Selectee
I am also an Intel primary as well. I think your chances are greatly improved if you have a TS and you are an IS. I actually cross rated from PS to IS because at the time you had to be an IS to go Intel STA-21 and that is what I wanted to do. I am glad I cross rated to have an Intel background when I applied.

I hope the results come out soon. I am going crazy.

Same here, I cross rated from YN last year in order to apply for the intel option. I would be suprised if a non IS is selected for the intel option over an actual IS but you never know what they are looking for. I'm starting to get a little nutty myself, I've been waking up every morning this week with a false sense of hope that "Today will be the day that I log onto NPC and find that coveted NAVADMIN". So much for positive thinking! What colleges are you guys looking at? I just received my acceptance letter from the University of Oklahoma! Hopefully, I will be able to use it.

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
One last check for the day. When waiting is all you can do, it's hard not to get anxious. Maybe next Friday? I know everyone is saying the 20th, but the Navy likes to give good and bad news before the weekend to give you a few days to recover from the hangover before you have to go back. Maybe the 16th? It's mid-month...

dkels0723

I applied to San Diego State and California State University San Marcos and am applying to UCLA on the 1st of November.

I was really hoping the results would be out today. I didn't worry about it for like 6 hours, definitely a record lol.

Navnuke

ACT= 25ENG 25MATH
Credits= 141 SMART/ 26 College
Rank= E-6 (ET1)
Years of Service= 7
Option=Medical Corps
MP,MP,EP,EP, and P as 1st (showed up about 2 months before evals written)

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee
Did anybody here apply Medical Corps??

I also applied for Medical with Core as secondary. Even though I think the stats can't really represent the package very well, it is pretty fashionable, so I will post it here as well.

SAT=680ENG/800MATH
credits=92
years of service=3
rate=EM3
option=Med/Core
eval=MP,MP,EP
bilingual in chinese/english
done calculus/multivariable(5 semesters) and calculus based physics(2 semesters)
no LORs, don't remember all the board scores

steel330i

nothin yet i see...

doesn't anyone have a hook up in the radio dept. that can hurry this message along, i mean i thought the navy ran on hook ups, haha, o well another day down gents, good luck and god speed to those that make this year...

jsimons33

I also applied for Medical with Core as secondary. Even though I think the stats can't really represent the package very well, it is pretty fashionable, so I will post it here as well.

SAT=680ENG/800MATH
credits=92
years of service=3
rate=EM3
option=Med/Core
eval=MP,MP,EP
bilingual in chinese/english
done calculus/multivariable(5 semesters) and calculus based physics(2 semesters)
no LORs, don't remember all the board scores

Yea, I have taken 3 semesters of Calculus and 3 semester of Calculus based Physics (I was an engineering major at UC Davis before joining the military), but I am guessing whoever gets picked up for this program has to have an unbelievably strong package being that they only took 2 out of 88 last year. But good job on your SAT of 1480 (perfect Math score, that's impressive). I am sure the board will look favorably upon a high Math score like that. Good luck

My skipper, who sat the board, said they did that because the score required to make CORE was a lot higher than that to make NFO. Some of the personnel who wouldn't have made PILOT or CORE, had the opportunity to change from PILOT to NFO to fill those slots. There weren't very many NFO applicants at all. So, if you got the call, consider yourself lucky.

So does this mean that if you got the call and said yes you automatically got put in an NFO spot or you were just given an opportunity to go infront of the NFO board?

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I think you get ranked with the other calls and then whatever NFO spots needed to be filled, they filled them with those willing to switch.

Woody4SC

Timeline...

So supposing someone were to get picked up for the program... Would their timeline look something like this:

Accepted - October
Submit degree plan, acceptance letter, and medical info - Nov-Jan?
Transfer to NSI - Mar-Jul
Attend college - Up to 36 months
Get commissioned - Upon graduation
Transfer to respective communities school
Graduate
PCS to next duty station

That's the timeline that I know of. Any that have already been through it please feel free to fill in any gaps.