• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Steelerfan23

I would say go Aviation Machinists Mate but advancement prospects have been extremely slim. AT or AE have always been pretty good, depends on what she wants to do while she is in.

corko87

SAT= 1310
credits= 140 and currently in school
rank= IS2
years of service= 3
option= Intel/Core
# of last evals EPs= 1 (only E5 eval so far)
LORS= 1 one-star, 2 CAPTs
All 10s on both boards, 1 of 2 according to the CO

60Rfan

right now all of the aviation rates are locked up, except for AW. We are even getting into the CREO 2 status. If she wants to work on aircraft and fly in them I would suggest AWF (flight engineer). They are wide open and it is a pretty nice getting per diem and staying in hotels on "deployment."

corko87

right now all of the aviation rates are locked up, except for AW. We are even getting into the CREO 2 status. If she wants to work on aircraft and fly in them I would suggest AWF (flight engineer). They are wide open and it is a pretty nice getting per diem and staying in hotels on "deployment."

Excellent point. Please warn new recruits about CREO. So many of my friends see how fast I made rank (IS, CREO 1) and want to join only to realize that the job they want to do won't even let them in and they probably won't promote to 2nd within their first term.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Completely different topic, but anyone have any info on enlisted aviation fields? I came home to find out a friend of mine is joining the navy, she wants to do something in aviation but doesnt know what, Im intel so I know very little about any of the aviation rates... any info for me to pass on, good/bad/stay away from this that or the other, would be great. thanks everyone.

Just tell her AW is where it's at. Just re-uped for $45k, advancement is so so but it will open up with time as with any other rate. If she wants to fly, tell her Aircrewman, if she can swim, tell her Rescue Swimmer! There's nothing better than briefing, flying, then going home... beats working on the broke ass helo's as I was a flying Mech.

53Crewman

And my info...

3rd Package:
SAT: 1100
Credits: 47
Years of Service: 7
Rank/Rate: E-5/AWS
Option: Pilot/Core

Alternate FY09

Steelerfan23

I like the way you think, lol, even if I say im giving up you can bet your ass I will be checking my blackberry throughout the evening

53Crewman

Remember... it was late friday night when the results came out the holiday weekend Friday last year.

What we are look for is someone who will be on watch tonight!

joshuaphill822

FY10 NFO selectee
looked at last years thread and the DTG for the message last year was something like 2032Z and the first post on AW for the results was a little after 5pm. So still some hope for today maybe.