• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

gjhouston

Well while we're waiting, maybe someone can 'splain something to me. I'm reading over everything on the Website with a Fine toothed comb and I understand we can't use TA or NCF in conjunction with the program, but we CAN use the GIBill, just not in such a way that both forms of aid are paying for the same credit hour.

Can someone with a little more experience shed some more detailed light on how this would work in practice for me?

I saw that also, it says in one place that you cannot use the GI bill, but then in the FAQ it says you can now. I have been trying to weigh if it would be worth it to use it right now, and tht would change my mind about some colleges I was not going to apply to because of cost.

OscarMyers

None
I saw that also, it says in one place that you cannot use the GI bill, but then in the FAQ it says you can now. I have been trying to weigh if it would be worth it to use it right now, and tht would change my mind about some colleges I was not going to apply to because of cost.

FAFSA would also be another good avenue to look at.

Cleonard19

Contributor
If I had SIPR access, I would've stuck around until 1700 Eastern Time, but since I don't, I decided to start packing out my car early.

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Ok, its 1633 eastern time and still nothing. What's the thought process with 1600? Thats central time right. Well I'm going to go kill some time in the commissary and hopefully I'll have a surprise when I get home. I'll be by a SIPR comp tomorrow so I could possibly help. Or not.

Bill3753

I can remember reading the FY09 Forum and thinking, those guys are crazy. It was like this on there when it got close to the end for a few days. I guess now I know why. Oh well, lol.

Cleonard19

Contributor
I'm more anxious than I was last year, but not because I want to get picked up so badly. I mean, I do, but at the same time I kind of know where I fell out in the command, and I got a little frustrated with the skipper in my interview and the odds of me getting picked up are extremely low. And I'm okay with that, and I'm ready to go to sea despite being screwed out of a chance to apply for USNA this year (my last year of eligibility too), but I can't get orders to a boat until results come out, and I'm going stir-crazy here in Charleston by myself, especially now that 0901 is graduating tomorrow, most of my friends in the pipeline are in the fleet, and its kind of lonely around here as of late.

OscarMyers

None
the hour has come and gone. i guess we can stop freaking out for the day, say we meet again 1500 tomorrow lol.

robertdm27

Like all of you guys I hope the results are released today or tomorrow but I made a phone call into the STA-21 help desk today. I called about my online account and why it went from package received and not yet reviewed to just package received but I also asked Ed if he had any word on when the NAVADMIN was to be released. He said it should be out on the 20th of this month. I don't know how much truth there is behind that but its what he said.

jsimons33

October 20th......remember, that is what I said yesterday after having checked with my career counselor's office. They have been pretty reliable in the past. I am not saying the results couldn't come out sooner, but October 20th is the date I heard as well.