• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Really!? What kind of chocolate?
I am so stoked, I hope I get some white chocolate with it as well!

joshuaphill822

FY10 NFO selectee
Got my acceptance letter from the University of Texas last week. I applied for the spring semester but since I'm going to the May NSI class I'll need to defer that until the fall. Also want to change my major. I remember seeing that candidates are strongly recommended to pursue technical degrees and I put aerospace engineering on my STA 21 application and that the major that's on my acceptance letter. I'm thinking about trying to change my major to business with mechanical engineering route with a minor in Math. It would accept more of my transfer credits and would take me one less semester to finish. Anyone know if that major would be considered "technical"?

Does anyone on here have any contacts with the ROTC unit down there or have any idea how to go about changing a major/deferring my enrollment a couple of semesters?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Got my acceptance letter from the University of Texas last week. I applied for the spring semester but since I'm going to the May NSI class I'll need to defer that until the fall. Also want to change my major. I remember seeing that candidates are strongly recommended to pursue technical degrees and I put aerospace engineering on my STA 21 application and that the major that's on my acceptance letter. I'm thinking about trying to change my major to business with mechanical engineering route with a minor in Math. It would accept more of my transfer credits and would take me one less semester to finish. Anyone know if that major would be considered "technical"?

Does anyone on here have any contacts with the ROTC unit down there or have any idea how to go about changing a major/deferring my enrollment a couple of semesters?

I also included in my personal statement that I was going to pursue Aero Eng. I am currently finishing my first semester towards my Business degree (Information Systems). The Navy wants people to do a technical degree but it is NOT mandatory. They are in the process of updating the OPNAV instruction so this might be a change in the future to where a technical degree is required but not yet. You can change your degree, I did three times since I applied. Just be sure to submit a degree completion to Ed. Good luck!!

MR1(SW)-->ENS

FY-10 STA-21 Core Selectee
I got my letter today from STA-21 at my command address

Also, for those of you selected and going to NSI, take a look at the main website for NSI which is OTC i believe and look under Computer Based Training, there are some required NKO Courses we have to take prior to getting there. I'm prett ysure you have the chance to take them when you get there but if you have them done then you should get some free time maybe? Just thought I would give everyone the heads up. SEE YOU IN MAY!!!

Killer Causey

confused

I received an email from Tex A and M congradulating my for being selected and thanking me for selecting there school in my top three. This excited and confused me at the same time, because I was not on the selected NAVADMIN list.

Has this happened to anyone else?

LAX89

I received an email from Tex A and M congradulating my for being selected and thanking me for selecting there school in my top three. This excited and confused me at the same time, because I was not on the selected NAVADMIN list.

Has this happened to anyone else?

were you at least an alternate? I'm an alternate and I recieved an email from Boston University the other day congratulating me on being selected as an alternate. If your in the same boat maybe A & M just forgot the word alternate. If not, it would seem weird to me.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I received a letter from Auburn last year congratulating me on being selected. I was only an alternate however. I am assuming since both selectees and alternates are required to submit paperwork, the colleges may just use the list as a whole. They probably do not differentiate between alternates and selectees cause both should be applying to colleges.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
Profile sheets are out too. I made 1st class first time up, i guess that kind've off-sets the disapointment of only getting alternate this year.

Cleonard19

Contributor
All I get on BOL is this:

BUPERS Online has not received Selection Board or Advancement results about or for you at this time. Contact your Command Representative for further questions about your selection or advancement board. Bupers Online maintains no Promotion Board Eligible lists. For issues of eligibility or if you feel you should have been considered for a board, go to the PERSNET Selection Board web page, click on the appropriate link for the promotion board you believe you are eligible (Active Officer, Reserve Officer, Active Enlisted, Reserve Enlisted), and contact the POC indicated. You may also contact the NPC Customer Service Center toll free at (866) 827-5672, they can connect you to the appropriate section.

And since I'm between duty stations, I have no CCC to speak of. Is there another way for me to find out? (FWIW, Bupers doesn't have any of me evals either)

haubby

None
Contributor
All I get on BOL is this:

And since I'm between duty stations, I have no CCC to speak of. Is there another way for me to find out? (FWIW, Bupers doesn't have any of me evals either)

This means you were not advanced. If you were you'd see your name and your prospective rate.